41: Shopping Spree

Material Girl- Madonna

❝We are living in a material world

And I am a material girl❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SHOPPING SPREE
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen is tired, bored, and hungry. The repetitive recording is starting to get on her nerves as her headache worsens. She hasn't complained aloud because she knows this is important to Dustin for some reason, but her patience is running extremely thin.

"Okay, play it again," Robin nods at Dustin.

If Gwen hears that recording one more time...

Steve pops his head through the window. "Hey, Gwen, You have visitors."

"Oh, Thank God," Gwen stands abruptly, making the metal chair behind her scrape against the floor, and makes a beeline for the door.

The last face she would've expected to see stares right at her with a sheepish smile when she steps into the front of the store.

Gwen steps toward Eleven and Max. "Wha-"

"Please don't be mad," Eleven rushes out.

"We're just here to cheer El up and have fun and we wanted to see if you could hang out with us for a little," Max adds with a smile.

Gwen pauses to think for a moment.

Is this completely against Hoppers rules? Yes.

Is this irresponsible? Yes.

Is Gwen desperate for an excuse to stop listening to Dustin's recording? Also yes.

"And this isn't because I'm the only one here with money?" Gwen asks and receives two speedy head shakes. Gwen shrugs, "Why the hell not?"

The two girls beam at Gwen and take each of her arms to walk her out of Scoops Ahoy.

"I'll be back!" Gwen shouts to Steve who gives her a thumbs up.

The girls walk into the main part of the mall and browse their options. "What do you guys wanna do first?" Max asks.

Gwen scans Elevens outfit which consists of Gwen's old jeans and one of Hoppers flannels. "Come on. I have the perfect place," Gwen guides the girls towards The Gap. She smiles when Elevens face lights up with excitement at the clothing racks. "Pick out whatever you want."