60: What The Hell Is Bigfoot?

Awkward Conversations - late night drive home

❝I'm tired of fighting just so we can make up

A little after awkward conversations❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
WHAT THE HELL IS
BIGFOOT?
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Okay, help me get this straight," Robin says as the three girls walk toward the library. "Eddie's uncle, Wayne, thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around committing all these murders?"

"Pretty much," Nancy tightly smiles. There's been tension between Nancy and Robin ever since they've left, and it's left both Robin and Gwen confused.

"But Victor committed the eyeball murders, like, way back in the '50s?" Robin continues.

"Well, '59," Nancy says as she and Gwen walk through the door that Robin holds open.

"So, that means these murders predate Eleven in the Upside down by about thirty years?" Robin asks.

"Yeah."

"Which makes spooky Victor Creel like seventy years old."

"Yep," Nancy rings a desk bell impatiently.

"That makes him a grandpa murderer," Gwen says with wide eyes. "That so much worse. Old people are terrifying."

Robin nods and points at the girl from the other side of Nancy. "Not only is he a grandpa murderer, he can turn invisible and lift people into the air."

Gwen sighs tiredly. "It just keeps getting worse."

"It doesn't make sense, I know." Nancy says with a fake smile, mostly directed at Robin. "That's why I said it was a shot in the dark."

"I know," Robin says as Nancy hits the bell again. "I just thought that by 'shot in the dark', you were being modest or hiding something super solid up your sleeve that you were gonna wow us with later."

"That is kind of your thing," Gwen nods. "You know, being a badass reporter and all."

"But, this is like really, truly a shot in the dark," Robin continues. "Like, we are like snipers with blindfolds on who've been spun around fifty times."

Nancy hits the bell repeatedly until the librarian calls from the back. "Coming!" The librarian walks to the from desk, setting down a pile of books.