64: Skull Rock

Halfway to Nowhere - Chelou

❝They tell me 'good things come to those who wait'

To speed the process along, I came to tempt fate❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SKULL ROCK
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen sits in the back of Nancy's car with Steve and Dustin as the group drives to see Eddie at Reefer Rick's. Gwen holds a hand out for Dustin and he places a few Pringles in her palm.

"Not to be a wimp, but can I maybe sit in the car for this visit?" Robin asks from the front. "'Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck."

"Can I second that request?" Gwen asks, raising her hand with a mouth full of chips.

"It'll be fine," Nancy says.

"I just can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again," Robin leans her head on her fist. "I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better," Steve says, holding up the beers they had gotten per Eddie's request.

"It's what my mom does," Max says as Lucas glances at her.

"Robin, just do what I'm do when I'm nervous. Practice what you're gonna say," Gwen suggests.

"Okay, good idea," Robin nods. "'Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. Like, he's entirely shut off from us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed, but now you're doubly, triply screwed.'"

"Woah, wait. Maybe we don't put it like that?" Lucas says.

"Why not?" Gwen shrugs while wiping the crumbs off of her fingers with her jeans. "It sounded good to me."

"'We're one step closer to finding Vecna'. That's what we say. That's what's important," Nancy says.

"He's been hiding in that shed for days and we're gonna go in there and tell him that we're 'one step closer'?" Gwen asks with raised brows. "I don't know about you guys, but if I was Eddie and that's all you had to say, I'd be pissed."

"Well, he's not really in a position to get angry, is he?" Nancy resorts before she sees something in the road, close to where Eddie is supposed to be staying. "Oh, shit."