37: Validation

Just the Two of Us- Grover Washington, Jr.

❝To make those rainbows in my mind

When I think of you sometime

And I wanna spend some time with you❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
VALIDATION
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"So, just keep up with those antibiotics and your fluffy friend should be better in no time," Gwen smiles, handing the small animal cage to the woman across from her and wiping her hands on her scrubs.

Once the last person is out of the building, Gwen lets out a sigh and looks down at her watch.

11:37 p.m.

"You're good to go, Gwen. I can finish up," Cindy, Gwen's manager, says from behind her.

"Are you sure?" Gwen asks, and Cindy nods. "Thanks," Gwen walks into the back to grab her bag and walks back out. "Have a nice night!"

Cindy waves, and Gwen is off.

After graduation, Gwen had landed a paid internship job at a local veterinary clinic in Hawkins. The job was better than she could've imagined. Gwen gets use her love for animals in a job with surprisingly nice coworkers. Sure there's a stray annoying client here and there...

Cough, cough, Kristen, cough, cough.

...but helping take care of their pets is worth it.

Steve was having a harder time though. He hadn't gotten accepted into Tech, so his dad made him get a job at the new mall, Starcourt. He was pretty bummed out about it. Gwen could tell he felt disappointed in himself, so because she was planning on taking a gap year anyways, she stayed in Hawkins with him.

They would've both applied to the same place, but they agreed that working together was risky. They never really fight, only have small disagreements every once and a while like every couple, but having to spend everyday in the same room as one another could turn the small disagreements into big ones.

It was the healthy thing to do.

Gwen enters the mall and walks into Scoops Ahoy to see nobody at the counter, but the lights are still on and the mall had just started closing, so she knows Steve's still here or she would've bumped into him on the way.