59: Splitting Up

100% convinced - Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SPLITTING UP
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The next day, Gwen, Steve, Dustin, Max, and Robin go back to Reefer Rick's boat house after buying food for Eddie. Luckily, Gwen got to go home last night, so she had the chance to change out of her work uniform and into combat boots, loose jeans, a tank top, and her trusty flannel.

"Jesus!" Eddie exclaims, dropping his broken beer bottle after Dustin flings open the door.

"Good morning," Gwen smiles.

The five teenagers hold up bags of food with small smiles. "Delivery service," Dustin grins.

Eddie sighs in relief and immediately starts rummaging through the grocery bags for something to eat. He picks out a box of cereal and sits down in the boat, eating handfuls at a time.

"So, we got good news and bad news. Which one do you want first?" Gwen asks, leaning on the wall behind her.

"Bad news first, always," Eddie says with a mouth full, and Gwen nods in agreement.

"Okay, so, we tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you," Dustin tells him. "Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, a hundred percent kind of convinced," Max nods.

Eddie sighs. "And the good news?"

"Your name hasn't gone public yet," Robin says. "But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too, and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie scoffs.

Gwen nods. "Exactly."

"Shit."

"So before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence," Dustin says.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie sneers.

Dustin shrugs. "Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie," Robin steps forward. "I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this."