19: Lingering Guilt

Feels Like We Only Go Backwards- Tame Impala

❝It feels like we only go backwards, baby

Every part of me says, 'Go ahead'

I got my hope up again, oh, no, not again❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
LINGERING GUILT
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Over the past few months, Gwens healed a lot of her old mental wounds. That's not to say that she doesn't get overwhelmed about everything sometimes, but she's made a lot of progress.

Without the immediate threat of the lab, Gwen has opened herself up to trusting people a lot more than she has. She can safely say that Steve, Nancy, and Jonathan are her best friends in the world, and she never even thought she'd have friends a year ago.

So it's safe to say that Gwen has been in high spirits lately.

"Boo!"

Steve and Nancy jump apart from their kiss and snap their heads to Steve's car window. Gwen laughs at the two and steps back for Steve to open his window.

"Do you ever get tired of ruining peoples fun?" Steve asks.

Gwen grins, smoothing out her overalls and cuffing her sweater sleeves. "It's my favorite pastime, actually."

Nancy sighs. "Hey, Gwen."

"Hey, Nance," Gwen waves.

Their attention is brought away to sound of an engine revving and tires screeching. Steve and Nancy get out of the car to watch and Gwen furrows her eyebrows at the new blue Chevrolet Camaro making its way into the parking lot.

The owner of said car parks poorly in a parking space, and dramatically opens the door, stepping out.

'Holy cheese balls,' Gwen thinks to herself.

The boy is clad in jeans, a denim jacket, and a white sweater with a gold chain around his neck. A cigarette between his plump lips pulls it all together.

He must be one of the hottest guys Gwen has ever seen.

A girl Dustins age steps out of the passenger seat, a skateboard under her arm. She has red hair, jeans, and a red jacket.

She wastes no time in dropping her skateboard on the pavement and riding away, probably to get the attention off of her.

The boy makes eye contact with Gwen, making her stomach do more flips than an olympic gymnast. He winks before discarding his cigarette and waking towards the school.