39: Self Portrait

Soren- beabadoobee

❝The green in your eyes are like the leaves in the Summer

And it changes with the weather❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SELF PORTRAIT
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Steve and Gwen sit, cuddling on Gwen's couch, watching a ET. Gwen was supposed to go to Hoppers and eat dinner with them like she does every Friday, but he had called telling her that he had to reschedule. He then asked for Gwen's advice on how to talk to Eleven and Mike about boundaries, and that's when Gwen hung up with a 'You're on your own with that one, buddy. Love ya'.

Gwen sighed, her head resting against Steve's chest. "You know what?" Gwen suddenly exclaimed, popping her head off of his chest and standing in front of the TV.

"Hey! ET is about to die over here!" Steve exclaims, throwing his hands up in annoyance.

Gwen puts her hands on her hips without moving. "I'm bored," she says. Steve only leans over to try and catch a glimpse of the movie. Gwen rolls her eyes, grabbing the remote, pausing the movie, and throwing the remote in Steve's lap. "We've watched this movie, like, fifteen times. You know what happens."

Steve crosses his arms and pouts. "Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it for the sixteenth time."

Gwen only rolls her eyes, staring at her man-child of a boyfriend. "I wanna do something."

Steve sighs and sits up straight. "Well, what do you wanna do?"

Gwen crosses her arms and pulls her lips to the side in thought. "We could go out to dinner, but we already ordered a pizza earlier. The movie theater is open, but I'm sick of the mall and I'm sure you are too. Dustin said he's gonna be out late, so we can't play video games with him. Maybe the arcade? No, I don't wanna to deal with Kieth. He gives me the heebie jeebies."

"What do you usually do when you're home?" Steve asks, putting a stop to Gwen's rambling.

"Well, I usually paint or something, but I don't think you'd-"

"Let's paint!" Steve says, already standing up and walking towards Gwen's room.

Gwen follows behind him, confused. "I thought you didn't like painting?"

Steve sits on the floor of Gwens room with crossed legs and looks up at her. "Look, just because the one time I painted something, it turned out to be a horrifying bunny doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it," he says, gesturing the the painting hung on Gwen's wall that he made her for Christmas. "How does that thing not give you nightmares, by the way? Even I'm scared of it," Steve shakes his head. "But, that's besides the point. Maybe you could teach me?"