15: Monster Hunting

KMD (And You Are Ever So Dear in Our Hearts Because of It!)- american poetry club

❝A whole army

Small but not giving in❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
MONSTER HUNTING
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(TW // blood)

"Be careful, don't trust a word that shit head says, and please, for the love of god, don't die," Gwen says, standing in front of Hopper outside the middle school.

Hopper and Joyce have a plan to get Will, but for that plan, they will probably have to speak to Dr.Brenner. The man that singlehandedly ruined Gwens childhood.

She is terrified, but she's trying to hide it.

Hopper places a hand on Gwens shoulder. "We're gonna be fine, kid. Stay here and keep those kids in check."

Gwen rolls her lips in and nods. She looks to Joyce and walks up to her, crashing into her open arms.

"Be safe," Joyce says, leaning her head on Gwens shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," Gwen croaks.

Joyce lets go of Gwen but holds her at arms length, looking at her with concerned eyes. "What are you sorry for?"

Now, Gwen was sorry for a lot of things. Not telling Joyce about Will sooner, Not being there for the Byers more, but she was extremely sorry for letting Will go home that night by himself. She'll never forgive herself for that.

Before Gwen could answer, the door to the middle school is swung open revealing Jonathan. "Mom?"

Gwen steps back from Joyce, allowing her to talk to her son. "I need you to stay here."

"No."

"... and watch over the kids."

"No, mom. I can help."

"Please," Joyce brings Jonathan into a hug. "I need you to say, Jonathan."

Jonathan sighs. "Please be careful."

Joyce breaks away from the hug to look at her son. "I'm gonna find him. I'm gonna find him."

Joyce rushes to the car, following Hopper and leaving Jonathan and Gwen standing on the sidewalk.

As they watch the car disappear down the street, Gwen reaches out to hold Jonathan's hand, making him meet her gaze. "They're gonna be fine."

Jonathan just sighs and nods his head.

The two make their way back inside the school to see Nancy sitting by the wall, brows furrowed in thought.

Gwen and Jonathan sit on opposite sides of Nancy, bringing their knees to their chests.