31: Spy for the Mind Flayer

Where's My Love- SYML

❝I got a fear, oh, in my blood❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
SPY FOR THE
MIND FLAYER
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Steve supports Gwen by wrapping her arm around his shoulder as they walk through the woods. She's not necessarily injured or anything, just exhausted and weak from her powers.

"You sure you're okay? You're not dying on me?" Steve asks Gwen in a hushed voice. He's been worried ever since the bus.

"For the fifth time, I'm pretty sure I'm fine," Gwen sighs.

"Pretty sure?"

"I'm fine," she says through chattering teeth.

Steve slows down to carefully remove his jacket, and help Gwen put it on. She doesn't refuse and gives him a grateful expression, regretting wearing just shorts and a tank top.

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks Dustin, walking behind the others with Max.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt," he says.

"He was tiny two days ago," Max argues.

"Well, he's molted three times already," Dustin explains, shining his flashlight in front of him.

"M-Malted?" Steve asks.

"Molted," Gwen corrects. "Shed his skin to make room for growth."

Dustin nods. "Like hornworms."

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asks.

"It's gotta be soon," Dustin says. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. So will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats," Steve says without thinking.

"Wait," Lucas jumps in front of them to stop them from walking. "A cat? Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No," Dustin stutters, shaking his head.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews," Gwen says, groggy.

Max turns her head to Gwen. "Mews? Who's Mews?"