46: The Gate

Not Chinese Food - Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THE GATE
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Bang, Bang, Bang

Gwen groans and opens her eyes, immediately scrunching her nose. "Why does it smell like piss?"

"Hey! Hey!" Robin rushes over to Erica and takes the green tube out of her hands. "Careful! We don't even know what that is."

"Gunther?" Gwen looks around and finds Gunther on the floor next to her, cuddled into her side. Gwen picks him up carefully and smiles. "Mornin' buddy."

"Exactly," Erica responds to Robin. "It could be useful."

"Useful how?" Robin asks.

"We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die."

"I hate to break it to you, but this," Robin gestures to the green tube. "-is not water."

"No, but it's a liquid, and if it comes down to me drinking that shit, or dying of thirst, I drink."

"The girl has a point," Gwen shrugs from her spot slumped on the floor.

Noises from outside cause Gwen to stand and Robin to place her ear on the door of the elevator while Erica takes the green tube back into her grasp.

"What is it?" Gwen asks Robin from beside Erica.

Robin grabs Erica and Gwen with wide eyes. "We've got company."

The three girls join Dustin and Steve on the top of the elevator as they wait for said 'campany'. They hold their breath as the door opens and two Russian soldiers step inside.

One sniffs the air with a disgusted look and speaks to the other man in Russian. The other man only shrugs with a cigarette hanging from his lips. They walk further into the elevator and begin to load boxes into their shuttle car.

Gwen clutches her lizard close to her chest as Steve glances at everyone with a finger on his lips. When his gaze lands on Erica, he noticeably comes up with an idea, grabbing the green tube from her grasp.

As the men leave and the door begins to close, the five of them jump down from the roof. Steve dives to shove the green tube under the door just before it closes.