65: Watergate

Alrighty Aphrodite - Peach Pit

❝Little pearl you think you're in gold

But I can see the dirt in your lines❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
WATERGATE
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The group had been walking for a few hours now, as it had completely gotten dark outside. Gwen has had to be careful about where she steps because she had already tripped on a few branches.

Gwen peeks behind her and sees Eddie walking closer to the back. Gwen gives Steve a tap on his arm to let him know where she's going before she falls into step with the Munson boy. "How you doin'?" She asks him.

"Oh, you know, about as well as a person facing false murder charges and looking for an dark wizard can be," he responds with a smile.

Gwen breathes out a laugh and glances at the group in front of them. "Yeah... I guess we're all kinda used to the craziness by now," she responds. "I kinda forget how weird it can be to be thrown into all of it."

"Yeah," Eddie sighs out. "A warning would've been nice."

"Hey, uh... I never got the chance to thank you, by the way. You know, for looking out for my brother... and Mike, even though he's a little shit most of the time."

Eddie shrugs. "I didn't really do anything."

"No, you did," Gwen tells him earnestly. "I... I kinda went off the deep end last year, and I wasn't there for Dustin when I should've been, but you were," She smiles. "He looks up to you."

"He's a good kid. He didn't need me as much as you think he did," He tells her, and she nods with a tight smile as she looks forward. "He looks up to you, too, you know?"

Gwen rolls her lips together before shaking her head. "He shouldn't. I've been a shit sister."

"Are you kidding me?" Eddie laughs, gaining Gwen's attention. "That kid doesn't shut up about you."

"Really?"

"Everyday it's 'Gwen this, Gwen that'. I mean, do you know how hard it was to hide the fact that I'd met you before when Dustin kept bringing you up?" He laughs with Gwen. "You're a good sister, Gwen."

"Thanks," Gwen smiles, and Eddie nods. "So, what are your plans for after this? Are you finally gonna graduate?" She raises her eyebrows playfully.