23: Those Stars Are Constant

I'll never do you wrong- Joe Tex

❝So you know I'll never do you wrong❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THOSE STARS
ARE CONSTANT
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Turn left here," Gwen instructs, pointing at the small dirt road.

Steve obliges. "You still haven't told me what we're doing."

Gwen shushes him. "Patience makes perfect."

"It's 'practice makes perfect'."

Gwen holds a finger up. "Shush."

They finally make it to the top of a hill, a small parking lot coming into view. Steve parks at the edge of the hill, shutting off the car and turning to Gwen. "Okay, now can you tell me?"

Gwen ignores him and opens her door. "Come on," she urges, stepping out and closing the door.

Steve sighs for what seems like the hundredth time in the past 20 minutes, and gets out of the car, following Gwen.

When he gets out, he sees Gwen sat criss cross on the hood of his car, looking up into the sky. He follows suit and climbs on the hood taking a seat next to her. Steve doesn't notice, but Gwen's subconsciously playing with the necklace Steve had given her for Christmas last year.

When Steve looks up, he understands what Gwen's so entranced about. Millions of stars litter the clear sky over the view of the city. It's the perfect star gazing spot.

"I come out here to clear my head sometimes," Gwen says, looking away from the sky and glancing at Steve. "Thought it might help."

Steve avoids the warmth that blankets his heart and instead squints at Gwen. "You don't sound that drunk anymore."

Gwen shrugs, looking back at the sky. "I sobered up a while ago."

"So, the crazy amount of insults you threw at me in the car..."

"Wasn't because I was drunk," Gwen smirks. "I just like being an asshole."

Steve scoffs out a laugh and turns back to the sky. He takes a moment to really take in the stars beauty. "I'm guessing the stars are why you like it here?"

Gwen smiles softly at the sky. "Yeah. It's familiar."

"Familiar?" Steve asks, looking back at Gwen.