8-Panic

I couldn't help but look in the mirror and convince myself everything was alright. Because at the moment I felt as if everything was falling apart.

It had been eleven years. I had been through everything that could possibly go wrong. So why now.

Why now did I feel like crumbling. I don't understand. Maybe for once, Luke had hit me a little too hard.

Maybe I have finally reached the end of my own delusions. Or I was emotionally exhausted.

Possibly a bit of both. Tapping my desk I try to calm myself down. I cannot be all over the place today.

I needed to be put together. So why the hell was I reacting like this? I was perfect. I would always be.

But as I look in the mirror on my desk I felt as if I didn't recognize myself. What the hell happened to me?

Closing my eyes I shake my head. I'm fine. I'm going to return home tonight. Lukes gonna kiss me were going to eat dinner.

I'm fine. Nodding at myself I get up and walk to the elevator preparing myself for Peter's painting session.

I was relaxed. I'm sure it would be fine. As the doors dinged and I was on the roof I saw him sitting at the edge.

He had painting supplies as well. I wasn't surprised when he turned towards me."Your here im glad come and sit!"

He yells making me crack a small smile. Out of all the Avengers Peter definitely was less serious.

I quickly sat next to him. He looked over to me with a grin."Im glad you came Honey I've been looking forward to this all morning."

I chuckled and nodded before picking up a canvas."Okay Peter what do you want to paint?"

I ask my eyes furrowed at the blank canvas. Peter laughed."You dont just copy Honey im sure you know that do it like your used to."

I still nod skeptically. I never liked painting in front of people. They always turned out to be too truthful.

So I had to be careful. Closing my eyes I take a deep breath. Then I begin.

As I painted I tried to think of my best memories.Though most only seemed distorted.

Many of my memories only ever seem to be like that. I can't quite remember why they became that way.

But I know it was around the first month of me and Lukes relationship. Tony had been with Potts and I was crushed.

I believe it was just me trying to cope. But I only made everything worse. After all I had been engaged around the sixth year mark.

I knew Luke two years into working for Tony around his wild stage. I got engaged on he sixth year anniversary of me working for Tony.

I vividly remember that night. Because it was the first time he beat me. Not the first hit. The first time he had actually not stopped.

It scared me. But I was already too far in to back out. At least that's what I convinced myself.