Chapter 39: Bad News

RYDEL POV

I sit in the floor in the bathroom. There's only one explanation for this: miscarriage. I start getting tears in my eyes and the sudden feeling of a panic attack is coming. I get out my phone and dial Riker. He doesn't answer. Dang!

I decide to call my momma. I love her and she's always here when I need her the most. I wait until she answers on the fourth ring. "Delly, what is on? I was listening to you on the radio! Well I still am but what's wrong?" Of course she was listening. That's exactly how my mom is, she never misses anything we have on, even if it's the smallest things.

"I'm bleeding and this makes me worried. I don't- I... I don't want this to be what I think it is. It was so great and now it's over all the sudden momma." I start crying hysterically over the phone. I'm slightly hoping this bathroom doesn't echo.

"Rydel Mary, it's alright honey I'm coming to get you okay? It'll be okay. " My mom assures me and I nod fighting back the urge to start shaking.

It wasn't awkward. My mom silence made me stay less panicky than I felt. "I'm here. Come out."

I was really embarrassed so I literally ran outside and got in my mom's car. Mom rubbed my back and I started crying again. She pulled me into a hug and hums into my ear making me calm. She knows how to make me more calm.

"Rydel... I have althizemers. " My mom suddenly whispers making me look at her. What is this life? Everything bad happens to good people. But why my mom?

"Ho-How long have you known?" I cracked my voice and my mom rubs my shoulders. Her eyes go blank about her current thoughts. I'm thinking she forgot so I just dropped the conversation. There was just silence.

We just sat in the car like this for around ten minutes. As soon as I stopped crying, mom started driving and I stared into space. As we arrived, I saw dad's car also pull in. I was pretty sure that mom didn't call dad to come here. I wonder why he is here.

"Rydel are you coming sweetie?" Mom says already out standing. I zone out of my deep thoughts and get out. I wish I had another pair of pants. "It'll be okay." She reassured me and I nodded.

We walked in and got instructed to this corner to be checked out. I know Ryland just saw me because he stared at me for ten seconds (or maybe even longer). I play with my fingers. I wish Ellington was here. He'd make me feel better. He would joke around and lighten the mood. Flirt with me to give me butterflies. Gosh, I just miss Ellington.

I watched Ry stand up and pull the doctor into a hug. What in the world. Usually, he is all laid back but he looks like he just won a million dollars. Dad was already coming over and Ross waited for Ryland. I've always admired their brothership. They're like Riker and I.

Dr. Montgomery was getting out my results. I was anxious even though there was one explanation. My eyes started watering thinking about mom again. Did dad know? Of course he has to know. I just want to know these things.

"She had a miscarriage. I'm sorry to notify you. Actually, it's a miracle she had one child. Her uterus can't handle the pregnancy cycle so she can't have any more children." Dr.Montgomery states and I bite my lip. No more children for Ell and I. That's okay. At least we have Rosie.

I get out my phone and text Ellington the news. He didn't even reply. I knew he saw it though so that doesn't worry me that much. He's with Rocky, Alexa, Rosie, and Riker so he can't do anything. I'm still mad Riker didn't call me back. He always does especially when I needed him the most.

~

"I'll just go with your dad." Mom states and all of us nod. I get to drive mom's car. I really miss my car. I wish I had my car and not drive other people's. I'm not going to complain though.