Chapter 40: Family Discussions

Rydel POV

The next morning I was awake really early. Ellington was sleeping like he was awake for a whole year and he just passed out. I kissed his cheek and went to the kitchen. I started making coffee when Ryland walks in like a zombie. I got out another cup because I knew he would like a cup too.

"What time is it?" Ryland groans. I check the oven time and turned to him and told him then he lays his head on the table. "I don't feel good."

"I'm sorry. Coffee?" I ask and he makes a grunt that sounds like a yes. I put it on the table and he takes a sip.

Soon as I sat down with my coffee, Rosie skips into the kitchen in her princess robe. I get up and get out her grapes. She sat by Ry and waited patiently. That's my girl.

I sat her bowl in front of her full of grapes. Rosie devours the grapes and I watch Netflix on my iPad with my headphones. Ryland is asleep with his head on the table.

Later on, everybody was having breakfast in the kitchen. The only one still in bed was Ellington which was unusual. I guess my worry showed because as I was washing the dishes, Riker took a plate. I look at him and he smiles. "You're done for the morning. Go."

I walk into the room and I see Ellington staring into space. I sit on the bed and look at him causing him to look back at me. Slowly, his smile crept onto his face.

Suddenly, Ross barges into the room out of breath. "Family meeting in an hour." He sighs in his breathe. Oh dear. He turns back and goes back downstairs. Ellington jumps out of bed and goes to the bathroom to take a shower.

I haven't thought about mom in a few hours which is a record. I don't think my brothers know about it. I don't think I can bare hearing it again. Dad is probably the one who is going to tell us the news. I mean, he's always been the one to announce things like this.

I get out my clothes and slip them on. I'm too lazy to bathe right now so I'll bathe later tonight. I brush my hair then brush my teeth. At this time Ellington gets out of the shower. He was making glances at me and I was doing the same.

He looks so handsome.

I shake my head and return to getting ready. Ellington comes in the bathroom and puts on deodorant. I stare at him with the 'are you serious' look because I'm getting ready and he took my deodorant accidentally. He smirks and pecks my lips.

"I'm sorry. I love youuu." He whines and I smile. He wraps his arms around my waist.

He's still shirtless in his undies. I could feel the warmth from his skin as it brushes gently against mine making me feel the butterflies. I feel the butterflies every time he looks at me. Touches me. Kisses me. Talks to me.

There was a knock at the door.

"Mommy! Daddy! I need help!" Rosie yells and we both look at each other. Ellington pushes me to go and I push back against him.

As always, I end up pinning him against the wall. Ellington kisses me deeply and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Then he flips me around and pins me against the wall. We both chuckle at each other and smile.

Rosie walks in with her dance costume on and Ell right away leaves me alone. He goes and fixes her tutu. That's how he is.

Ellington has always cared about the people around him. It doesn't matter if he's on his death bed, he would do anything for anyone. That's one of the things I admire in him.

Rosie goes back down stairs. I watch hoping secretly he'd come pin me again but he doesn't. He continues to get ready. I'm highly dreading the family meeting.