Chapter Sixteen

Olivia slept well into the next morning, and only woke up when she heard something drop in her kitchen and break. Olivia shot up in bed and started to panic, but relaxed when her bedroom door opened and Nick poked his head in.

“Hey, did I wake you up?” Nick frowned, and Olivia nodded slowly as she slid back and leaned against the pillows.

“I’m assuming so. What did you break?” Olivia asked with a sleepy smile.

“A coffee mug… so would you mind telling me where your broom is?” Nick asked, and Olivia nodded.

“It’s hanging on the door of that big cabinet.” Olivia spoke.

“Awesome. I will see you when you wake up more.” Nick smiled, before quickly shutting the door and leaving Olivia in her room.

Olivia sat and listened to Nick clean up his mess in the kitchen, as she tried to remember what had happened yesterday. Everything seemed a little blurry, but that was probably just because she woke up. Olivia climbed out of bed and went into the bathroom. It wasn’t until after her shower when she found an envelope sitting on her dresser with ‘Babies Genders’ scrawled on the front.

“You okay?” Nick asked, since Olivia hadn’t joined him for breakfast yet. Olivia turned around slowly as tears burned her eyes.

“I guess that I kinda forgot about everything that had happened yesterday… and now I remember that Dr. Lee told us that we are expecting twins… like two tiny humans are just chilling in my belly.” Olivia spoke, as she quickly brushed a tear from her cheek.

Nick bridged the gap between them, before cupping Olivia’s cheeks in his hands and smiling.

“Babe, I know that this is all scary… but it’s exciting too. You never thought you’d be a mother, but here you are pregnant with twins!” Nick spoke, before kissing Olivia’s lips softly. They embraced each other for a few moments, before Olivia grabbed the envelope with shaky hands.

“Do you want to find out right now or wait?” Olivia mused, because now she was super curious to know what her babies were.

“How about we wait and find out tonight.”

“Nicolas-” Olivia started, but Nick interrupted her.

“I’d like to tell Zara about the fact these babies are mine… that they are her siblings.”

“Her sisters.” Olivia smiled, because she didn’t want to show Nick that she was nervous.

“If you truly think that, but still. I’d like to tell her because things are getting even more interesting now.”

///

Nick hesitantly left Olivia to head to work. He was going to pick Olivia up after he got off, and planned on taking her to his place. He couldn’t wait to find out the gender of the babies, and to finally tell Zara that she was going to be a big sister.

“Hey! How’s Liv?” Amanda asked, as soon as Nick walked into the squadroom. Nick smiled as he ran his hand over the back of his neck.

“She’s doing good.” Nick replied plainly. He had gotten permission from Olivia to tell everyone that she was expecting twins, but he wanted to make them work for it.

“Is that all you have to say? You both couldn’t come in yesterday because something happened, and I’d like to know.” Amanda sighed.

Nick sank down in his chair, and Amanda quickly moved and sank down into the chair beside the desk.

“We got some news yesterday, and it overwhelmed Olivia. I didn’t want to leave her alone in that condition, so I took a sick day and she did too.” Nick explained.