Chapter Thirty-Three

"This is Captain Cragen of the sixteenth precinct, Manhattan. I need you to answer the phone, " Cragen's voice rang through the eerily quiet grocery store.

The phone behind the service counter rang and one man moved from the group and answered the phone at the front of the door. Olivia couldn't hear him as he moved further away. Her heart seemed to beat out of her chest, ringing in her ears as her stomach did flip-flops. Her head was pounding the pain radiating into her neck.

Pop. Pop. Pop.

Three shots were fired. The ringing in her ears increased. The young girl beside her whimpered, the fear painted in her icy blue eyes.

"Shhh, the quieter you are the better honey, just stay quiet, " Olivia coaxed as the man returned.

"You." He pointed at Olivia, his voice dark, "you're a bitch. Just like she said you were!"

"Maria, " Olivia uttered.

"Ah, you are smart."

"Smarter than you, " Olivia sneered.

He moved closer, slapping her across the face with the barrel of his gun. Olivia felt the sting, her face quickly began to trickle with fresh blood.

"Not so smart now, are you?"

"This is hostage negotiations, " Olivia heard Ed Tucker's voice, "we need you to talk to us. We can't ensure your safety unless you talk."

"Should we talk?" The woman whispered to one of the men.

Olivia listened closely to the woman's voice. Then she placed it, it was Maria, she was here.

"Maria, " Olivia seethed.

"Shut up, you homewrecking bitch!"

"This isn't fair to Z."

"Shut up! Don't call her that."

"Maria, that little girl, she doesn't deserve this. You are only traumatizing her."

"Fuck you. Fuck you for stealing my husband. Fuck you for filling my daughter's head with lies. Fuck you."

"Maria, talk to Ed. He can help you get out of this. You need help."

"Kurt, make her shut up!" Maria screamed.

"Come with me, " the man growled.

He grabbed Olivia by the collar of her plain white tee, which was now stained with blood. His hand wrapped around her neck, as he walked her backward into the storage room. His hands found her hips and pushed her back against a wall.

"We're gonna have some fun, Momma."

"Don't touch me," Olivia growled, her nerves inside trembling.

"Oh, you don't have a choice."

His fingers undid the button on her jeans. His fingers yank the fabric over her full hips. She now regretted the lacy black thong she'd chosen this morning as his rough fingers trailed over the fabric.

She bit her lip. She wasn't going to make a sound. She was going to fight it the best she could. He took her hands and with another rope attached her tied hands above her head to the bar. He undid her feet and re-tied them spread apart. She fought but he was too strong for her to overpower.

"Stop. Don't touch me!" Olivia screamed.

The bomb squad near the back of the building could hear her. Could hear her curdling screams.