Sick Where He Belongs - Jefferson (OUAT)

OUAT- Jefferson and Female Reader

Jefferson couldn't believe how lucky he was. He had the best job in the world. He traveled realms and he found hard-to-find objects. Every day was an adventure and a mystery. His job is what led him to you. As an adventurous wanderer, your paths crossed once and he never let you go. That was almost 6 years ago.

He still traveled and explored, but you were content looking after your house and your daughter, Grace in the Enchanted Forest. You hoped he'd settle down and stay with you both some day. But for now, you were happy as long as he was happy.

Jefferson had been gone a little over a week, when the front door swung open and he called out cheerfully. "I'm home!" Grace immediately got up from her tea party in the sitting room and ran to meet him. You followed suit.

"Hi Papa!" she squealed.

He scooped her up into his arms. "There's my best girl!" Grace giggled.

You leaned against the wall. "I suppose she outranks me now." you said with a smirk and a hint of laughter.

Jefferson strode towards you. "I meant to say best girls..." he said and kissed your forehead. "I'm sure you did." You continue smirking and take Grace into your own arms.

Jefferson groans a little as he hands her back to you. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" you ask suddenly concerned.

"Yeah, just a little sore. My back has been killing me." he says as he rubs the back of his neck.

You cannot help but be playful around Jefferson. "Well then darling, you must be pregnant." he looked at you unamused but Grace chuckled in your arms. All you did when you were pregnant was make Jefferson rub your back.

"Hahah very funny, Y/N. For the record, I think I am just getting old."

This was a sensitive subject for him, so you stop the jokes and move on to asking him if he was hungry for dinner.

Your family of three ate dinner, which Grace chatted through the entire time. You noticed Jefferson growing more tired and his answers getting shorter.

He always listened to Grace, so you knew he must be exhausted.

Besides, he didn't even talk about his last job. He always shared his adventures, knowing you and Grace hated missing out.

Jefferson offered to clean up. So you shuffled Grace off to bed. "Say goodnight to Papa." Grace hugged him. You got her changed, brushed her hair and even read her a quick story. She was out like a light.

You go back to the kitchen to see it all looking tidy. So you went to your bedroom. "J?" you call into the dark room. "Right here, Y/N." he moans, lying across your bed.

"Oh you poor thing. You look exhausted. Come on, let's go to bed." "But I missed you." he whined. You couldn't help but chuckle. Despite being married for so long, you felt like you had fallen in love just yesterday.

"I missed you too. That's why I won't go anywhere. But here. In this bed. With you." you said firmly.

You both changed quickly and it wasn't long until you were curled up together. You watched as the fire in the fireplace in your room burnt out. You were so grateful for your nice house. You knew so many people in their cabins in the villages and just worried how they kept warm.

You were about to ask about Jefferson's journey when suddenly you could hear small snores coming from him. You chuckled. You were just glad he was back by your side.

It was at least past midnight when you woke up. "Mama?" You open your eyes. "Grace, baby. You okay?" You could barely see her in the dark. She sniffled. "What happened?" you ask worried. "I had a bad dream." she said as stood next to your bed.