Not alone- Buck and Eddie (911)

"Okay. Tuck him in."
Buck thought he heard a far-off voice. Then he felt something graze his arm.
"Good Night Buck." Christopher said with a giggle.

Buck felt himself falling more asleep. Christopher....oh my God Christopher. He was supposed to be babysitting. He sat right up to see Eddie walking Chris to bed.

He flopped back down on the couch. He hadn't been sleeping that great lately.

After a few minutes Eddie walked back out. "My, my, if it isn't sleeping beauty." Eddie joked.

"I am so sorry. I don't know how that happened." Buck started to apologize. Eddie sat down next to Buck. "You think I've never fallen sleep when I'm home with him?" Eddie pointed out.

Buck blushed. "Still...I'm sorry."

Eddie waved him off. "We work crazy hours."

Buck nodded. "Yeah that must be it. I should get out of your hair." Buck stood up quickly and suddenly felt his knees quaking. He stumbled a little, thinking he might fall over.

Eddie quickly reached out to steady him. "Woah. Sit down for a second." Buck sat down without thinking. Eddie was holding his arm. "You alright?" Buck nodded. "Just been feeling a little off."

Eddie raised an eyebrow. He put a hand to his head. "You feel a little warm." Eddie observed.

Buck rolled his eyes. "What are you? My mother?" Buck grumbled. Buck never grumbled at anybody. A tell-tale he wasn't feeling good.

Eddie paused. "Hey, why don't you sleep here tonight?" 

Buck looked at him with wide eyes. "Really?" Eddie nodded.

Buck had been feeling awfully lonely in his apartment. Maddie was on the run and Chimney was close behind. He and Chimney hadn't left on the best of terms. He had this nagging feeling like everyone was mad at him.

"We can watch a movie out here and if you fall asleep - you fall asleep." Eddie mused.

This is why Buck adored Eddie. He was so easy-going. At least with Buck he was.

Eddie definitely had his "intense" moments and his own baggage. But for Buck, Eddie made all problems sound easy to solve.

"Yeah, I'd like that." Buck admitted.

They both flopped on the couch. Eddie grabbed some extra blankets. He put Terminator on as he knew it was Buck's favorite.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to keep Buck's attention. He fell asleep within the first 30 minutes. Since he was asleep, Eddie took the chance to feel his head again. He was definitely warm. Not burning up, but warm.

Eddie paused the movie.  He could go back to his own room, but he felt like he wanted to be close to Buck in case anything happened.

Eddie turned off the TV and laid down on the couch. Buck was laying from the corner, out straight with his legs on the ottoman. So Eddie lay on the other corner, so they made a L shape.

A few hours later, Eddie awoke to the couch moving. He opened his eyes to see Buck standing and trying to move towards the hall.

"Buck?" Eddie called out.  Buck was leaning heavily on the wall. Eddie sprung up and started to guide his best friend to the bathroom.

"I'm fine." Buck mumbled. Eddie wrapped an arm around Buck's back.

"You are not fine." Eddie rolled his eyes.
Leave it to Buck. His stupid pride.

Buck was shaking as he entered the bathroom. Once again he said "I'm fine" and gave a halfhearted push to make Eddie get out.

Eddie watched as Buck closed the bathroom door. "Okay, but I'm right here!" Eddie said. Buck was more stubborn than Christopher and that was really saying something.