More than just a chill - Bucky Barnes (Marvel)

Y/N was soaking wet. Her hair was dripping, but she was pretty sure she could still shoot the bow and arrow. Clint had been training her in all sorts of weather conditions. Although the day he just aimed a strong blowing fan on her, she was rather annoyed, it turned out to be useful as she was currently aiming from the top of this ship with the rain and wind blowing her around. 

Finally Bucky burst through the ship's door to the outer-deck. He was dragging a Hydra guy. He knocked Bucky in the eye causing Buck to step backwards. Y/N knew she couldn't wait for Bucky to get the guy in the right place. She changed angles and hit him in the leg. Her arrow, laced with tranquilizer knocked the large guy to the ground. 

Y/N gently hopped down. "You went rogue." Bucky said roughly. 

Y/N ignored him and picked up the Hydra guy's radio. "'CODE Bravo Bravo Nein. The weather is too harsh to continue on this path. We need a redirect for our final location." 

She took her finger off of the button and exhaled. She pulled her sweatshirt hoodie up over her head. 

"Code accepted. Find a place to dock and go around the rapids tomorrow to get to Dead Man's Cove." a voice says. 

Y/N smirked at Bucky. "Will do. Signing off."

Bucky looked around. "The hostages are being kept at Dead Man's Cove." 

Y/N started to release the dingy into the water. "I'll let Fury know. How fast can that arm row?" 

Bucky grunted as he swung himself over the side into the dingy, lowering it to the water even quicker. He held his arms out to help Y/N into the boat. As she leaned in to him, she accidentally froze while her eyes were on his. He seemed to freeze for a minute too. His hands still on her sides, his thumbs just barely on her hips. 

Y/N was a young S.H.I.E.L.D. agent placed with Clint, since he knew her as a kid. Y/N was loud and bright and brave. She was the opposite of everything Bucky was: quiet, strategic and reserved. Quite honestly, Y/N was pretty sure Bucky didn't like her. She thought he trusted her, but he definitely didn't like her. Except here he was, staring into her eyes. 

It was Bucky who cleared his throat first. "We should get going." Y/N nodded. He suddenly was slipping out of his jacket. He handed it to her. "You're shaking. You never shake." She smiled. "I'm an imperfect person, it happens." He gave her a half grin before grabbing the oars.

Bucky quickly started to row them back to land. Y/N was busy, basically shouting on the phone to Fury. The wind was so bad, she wasn't sure he was hearing her. But Fury could hear her enough to tell her she and Bucky shouldn't be in the middle of the ocean with just a little dingy during a storm.  

She hung up the phone with Fury and then called Tony. She basically begged him to send a suit or a helicopter or basically anything to keep them from spending the night soaking wet in a cave. 

Tony huffed and puffed, but Y/N knew he had a soft spot for her and would come. 

After her phone calls, Y/N looked up to see Bucky's soaking wet face and chattering teeth. She was so grateful when he offered her his jacket, she didn't realize he was only wearing a T-shirt and jeans underneath.

"Oh you idiot." Y/N said. He looked up, startled at her comment. "What the hell were you thinking?" She started to slip off his jacket. She was wearing her tight black leggings and long sleeve black shirt and a dark gray sweatshirt. So even though her face was wet, her body was fine. 

"I have a sweatshirt. I am fine." She said as she handed the jacket back to him.

"You were cold!" He yelled through the wind.