23

Taehyung's POV

I can't wait to be happy. It's the only thing that comes to mind as I walk to the door of the room, with Jimin holding my wrist.

Neither do I

It's the first time in years that I feel free to do whatever I want. I have no more weight on my head, even if my chest still aches inside me, I can't help but have an unpredictable smile every time I take a breath.

I have someone waiting for me...and that someone is Namjoon.

Just remembering everything he told me, everything that caused him... it's an indisputable happiness. Actually, that even makes me feel better about my fear of making a decision, mostly because I have to get to know myself.

Curiously, I now realize that the last few years speaking in the Love Yourself Campaign have been the saddest and most confused I have been. It's not that I haven't thought in retrospect before about why I feel this way, it's just that doing it now feels different. That time started with the last of my strange relationship with Joonie, in the middle of it all everything was already gone.

Perhaps that has to do with seeing it more clearly now: because at that time I never stopped wondering about myself from another perspective. I wondered why people would hurt me like that, what was wrong with me to deserve that, about the things that seemed right to me to share and all the damage it would cause me.

But now, even though Jimin takes my wrist and a piece of my heart, I feel with myself. I feel confident that with Joon waiting for me, no matter how much suffering the future holds.

However, Jimin is also part of this equation, I realize when upon reaching the door of the room he opens it without stopping, leaves me inside, and after closing it securely he approaches me and hugs me tightly. He doesn't hurt me, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he feels painful. I can hear him choking back sobs.

He also said that he loves you

Jimin releases and stares at me, he brings his right hand to my cheek and caresses it. His eyes have completely changed: before they were surly and full of fear, but now his sweet hue has risen to the surface, allowing me to hold back from countering his past behavior. It's an anesthetic because I know that look, it's one I dare not break or part with.

Although he has behaved like a scoundrel out there.

"What was all that Jimin? Why did you do it?" He doesn't stop smiling and doesn't respond either, I press my lips together, but in the attempt, I don't realize it and they get wet with saliva; my best friend moves his gaze to them, and without missing a second cups my face and approaches to kiss me.

I don't back off; I don't have to. I am not angry with him but confused. Besides, I don't have any energy left for any more drama today.

So instead, I bring my hands behind his neck and deepen his kiss, wanting to reassure him. He hums between our lips, and I feel accomplished, slowly sticking out my tongue with an initiative I didn't know; he is also surprised but he decides to accept it and plays along with me, he tastes like alcohol.

Suddenly Jimin lowers his hands to my shoulders just at the moment when I lose my breath and break away, I see with surprise how he begins to push me to the ground stubbornly.

What is he thinking?

...I think you know better than me

"Jimin, I think-" but it's too late because he already has me on the floor, on my knees. It hurts a little, but I can bear it with a groan which although echoes pain it seems to excite Jimin, who holds me with his gaze as he begins to unbutton his pants. When he finally frees himself all that remains is his dick in front of my face, hard. I look up "I think we should better sleep Jimin, I'm tired and really..." but he holds me by the hair that is already a bit long and pulls me closer to his body.