9. Clash: Ash versus Kamado

There were some moments of silence. The transformation had left everyone speechless, even Akari, although she had already witnessed this phenomenon.

Once the dust had settled, Ash and Greninja stood there, in the same battle stance.

It was now time to give it all out.

Ash knew he was at huge disadvantage, only having 2 Pokémon against the whole opposite team. And so, he decided that he needed his full power to top Kamado.

"Now Greninja, get close with double team!"

Greninja leapt forward and multiple copies appeared.

Kamado watched the scene not knowing what to do.

"Arial ace!" commanded Ash, his and Greninja's leg raising in the same moment. Snorlax was hit very hard and yet, another cloud of dust was released by the impact and Snorlax's body falling in the ground.

Snorlax stood there, swirly eyes, laying on the ground, not able to stand up again.

"Your Pokémon is unable to battle. Better recall him!" proclaimed Ash.

Kamado, still stunned, recalled the large Pokémon in his wooden ball.

Finally, he said something: "Who are you?" he muttered under his breath.

The entire population looked scared and angry. Scared at Ash's display of strength and confidence, angry because he had beaten one of Kamado's battlers.

In the village, no one was stronger than the director. The thought of a boy come from nowhere beating the best tamer in Hisui, made them angry but also worried.

Akari had different emotions, however.

She also was worried, but for Ash. Kamado was so strong. Snorlax was his most recent catch. His other Pokémon were on another level.

Anyway, she felt also pride in Ash's strength, even if she didn't know why. Her heart was in a turmoil.

"You may have been able to defeat Snorlax. But he isn't anything compared to the next one!" spoke Kamado solemnly.

From the next Poké ball, appeared a massive Luxray. He roared loudly, scaring again the population.

"Greninja, what do you say?".

"Ninjaa".

Ash smiled. It was going to be a big battle. And he loved it. His heart was beating faster, his blood pumping through his veins, clearly excited by the strength of his foes. In this week, he was so taken by all the news about this new world, by the worries for his friends, by those visions of Serena and Dawn that he had forgotten his true drive and passion. Battling till the end. He closed his eyes for a moment, feeling the connection between him and Greninja. His smile widened, surprising Kamado and Akari, the only two noticing it.

"Double team, Greninja!"

..............................................................................................

Serena loved airports. You can say that this was related to her love for travelling but it was not the case.

She remembered the day she took the first plane on her own. The day she left Kalos and put an end to her first journey.

While walking with Dawn to the gate, she spotted some escalators leading to the boarding area.

Those mechanical stairs... She thought about what she had done in a place like that. She had given her first kiss to Ash, before being separated from him.

She smiled sadly, reminiscing her old self great courage. But now, Ash was no more.

"Goh! Come here!" shouted dawn waving her arm.