16. Bandits in the Marsh

Welcome to a brand-new chapter. They are slowly getting bigger, so I hope you like it.

Let's get started

That morning Ash was contemplating his plate, obtained after defeating Kleavor. It was a soft tone of green and had an incision on the side: "Where all creation was born, that is the being's place of origin."

"Well, it should have something to do with Arceus I think. Oh man, if only Goh were here. He would help me with all this mind job."

Pikachu was patting empathetically his trainer's back while nodding.

"Ash, we've been informed that the camp in Crimson Mirelands is finally settled" informed Cellyne, coming into her office.

Ash was there looking at the map Galaxy Team had provided him. Greninja had told him that it was better to look at a map based on the region as it was, instead on relying on a phone map which was based on modern Sinnoh. He had taken note of the two places he needed to head to.

Solaceon Ruins were near a river so it would be easy while the Brava Arena was up north, but it would be easier to head north-west to have a settlement for the night at Camp Diamond, near Like Valor and then head to the Arena.

Arezu and Mai had insisted for this because they wanted him to meet Adaman before the challenge, much to Ash's annoyance. His only goal was to resolve the matter as soon as possible to go in search for the remaining plates but something had happened to change his mind.

All the dots, signaling the plates on his phone, had somehow disappeared and so Ash was now again wondering how to accomplish his mission. Maybe he should try to find Volo again and ask for his help. He somehow had noticed that the guy knew a lot of things. But for the time being, he couldn't know where he was.

On the bright side, since Kleavor had one of those plates, maybe this Lilligant would have one as well.

On the bad side, however, Ash couldn't rely on Greninja for this mission. He was a bit overfatigued and Ash thought it would be better to let him rest. After all, here there weren't Nurse Joy or Pokémon Center. The Ninja frog was now resting on a bed in the Medical Corp's room and Akari was looking after him, Pikachu and Piplup clearly enjoying the new mansion. Akari knew that this meant that Ash would go without her again but was relieved that he would have company and have also some basecamps. In this way, she could keep in touch with him. She felt safer with him but knew that he had missions to accomplish and that, since she had just started her journey, she would be more a burden than a relieve.

But, thanks to Greninja's presence, she could use the time for a bit of training under such a strong Pokémon. Ash had instructed the Ninja Pokémon on what to teach her. She was really glad to have such an opportunity.

"OHI KID! SNAP OUT! I'M TALKING WITH YOU!" shouted Cyllene since Ash wasn't really paying attention.

"Oh right, so let's go!" Ash said, bolting up from the chair and running to the door, but Cyllene stopped him again.

"Wait a minute! You must gather supplies and speak to Mai before everything"

He groaned. "Oh right, I guess, I got overexcited!" he sighed. Pikachu sweat dropped.

With that, Ash got to the basement of the Galaxy Hall and collected supplies from Tao Hua, boss of the Supplies Corp, an old severe man who had somehow taken a liking to Ash.

Then, He headed to the Medical Corp's office and bid farewell to Greninja, who fist bumped with him.

When he turned, he saw Akari at only one inch from him. He backed a bit, surprised by the sudden proximity.