22. Brock for You

Here we are. Chapter 23 is ready. You have waited for long so it's time to give it to you. See you at the bottom

A week had passed after all the turmoil caused by the awakening of the Magma Pokémon Heatran was over.

Ash had wakened up after three days but still had a big bandage on his shoulder and arm.

Palina had sewn his jacket after coming back with Arcanine and the little Growlithe.

The little Growlithe had started to grow interested in Ash and his Pokémon, admiring greatly their strength and willpower. Ever since he did remember, he was always the friend of a more famous and more predestinated Growlithe. So, it was now three days that he was training with the help of Pikachu and Greninja, still too weak to come back to training.

During those few days, Ash had come to know more about Palina and Iscan, especially after a good conversation with Irida herself who had come to check on Ash. She then decided to make her way to Jubilife because she wanted to personally inform Kamado and Cyllene about the outcomes of Ash's expedition.

One thing that Palina had noticed was the metallic object pending from Ash's necklace. The boy explained that that was Pikachu's Pokéball confusing the girl. That obliged him to tell her his whole story, not that he really needed to but, in the end, he really trusted her.

Of course, the revelation was mind-blowing, but she kept it for herself.

Arcanine had been forgiven quickly by everyone. He had started to employ his power to help other Pokémon and of course to help Palina and Iscan.

Speaking of them, they were glad to finally have a way to be with each other, and also Irida, seeing their relationship, had given them her word to help them and keep everything secret. Time was changing.

Although everything seemed fine, Ash was thinking a lot. He wanted to give a try to his original plan: going up all the way to Mount Coronet, climbing it, and finding what was happening. He was getting attached to that more simple and frugal times, but he had challenges to take on and he was missing home. But he needed a way to do so now that his missions were related to the needs of the Galaxy Team Survey Corp.

He, being himself, finally agreed with Pikachu that had advised him to take it easy and to think about that later, after being all fully healed.

Finally, he had started doing long walks around Aipom Hill, with Pikachu, Greninja, and Growlithe, occasionally calling Ursaluna, and Wyrdeer, and also going to the beach to pay a visit to Basculegion.

That day he was doing the same. Pikachu had wakened him, and they had breakfast with Palina, Iscan, and all the Pokémon. It looked like a happy family.

After that Greninja proposed to have a walk and so they did, followed as always by Growlithe.

"You know? I think we are ready to make our way back to Jubilife in two more days of rest" Ash proclaimed, followed by the cheering of Pikachu, who sadly, couldn't claim his spot on Ash's shoulder, and Greninja.

Growlithe heard it and suddenly he was saddened by this revelation. For some more time, he kept it for himself but then he made a choice: a life-changing choice.

He snuggled on Ash's leg, catching his attention, and explained his intentions. Ash had somehow understood but asked Pikachu if he had heard correctly. Pikachu nodded and Ash's eyes widened: "You wanna come with us?!" he shouted, to which, the Puppy Pokémon happily nodded.

Ash hadn't thought about the possibility of catching new Pokémon, but if someone would come with him, why not?

"But what about Palina?" asked the Kantonian boy. Growlithe answered that he came with her to stay with the heir and now Palina had Arcanine to take care of.