32. Dialga's Doom

Hi everyone, and welcome back to this new chapter.

Again, it contains mature themes, so be careful with it.

With that said, now let's get ready!

Serena was trying to stand up, groggily, failing and attempting again. Sylveon tried to hold her with her feelers, but it was very difficult for her. Dawn was in a very similar state, her body not reacting to her mind's commands.

Goh was agonizing, his leg crushed and broken. He was sitting on the ground, breathing the dust, pain obscuring his brain and making him swear.

Cinderace was at his right side, a worried look on his face, his resolution for the battle lost.

They had been fools, Goh thought. How in the world did they think to challenge Dialga and hope for the best? Their preparation wasn't good enough and a God couldn't be underestimated as they did.

Now they were injured and they were at the mercy of the beast of the time. He was cursing like he never did.

Dawn was a bit lost in her world, part of her trying not to fall into despair and part of her scanning for a solution.

Serena however, had her mind set on one thing and one thing only. She wasn't seeing the situation as desperate, she was focused only on winning the challenge, whatever it took them.

She smiled weakly as soon as her legs stopped trembling and looked down at Sylveon: "Thank you Sylveon, now I can stand!" she declared holding her precious smile; "now let's wrap this performance and stop Dialga!"

She saw the looks on her comrades' faces upon turning and decided it was better to give them an example rather than just speak. Actions are sometimes stronger than words, even the most inspired.

"Gengar, come here!" she asked Ash's Pokémon still able to battle.

Then, she unclipped the four Poké balls she was carrying at that time and released her Milotic, her Ludicolo, a beautiful Altaria, and Pangoro.

Serena had to go all out; Dialga was still there and she didn't want to go down without a fight.

Dawn watched carefully as Goh was still occupied trying to breathe at a calm rate.

Dialga seemed ready for the second round. With a mighty roar, Dialga was summoning a Flash Cannon.

"It saw that Sylveon wasn't affected by Roar of Time..." thought Serena while recalling Delphox who had fainted.

"Milotic, Rain Dance!" called Serena, her posture oozing with confidence even if her whole body was in pain.

The majestic Pokémon summoned dark clouds and a moment later rain started to pour down with increasing intensity.

"It's our move Ludicolo, Surf!"

Ludicolo surrounded himself in a water vortex that accumulated from his feet and used it to leap forward at an incredible speed.

"That's Swift Swim..." commented Goh while gritting his teeth to suffocate the pain he was feeling.

Dawn noticed that as well, still too weak to hold her body still and unclip a Poké ball; she thought that Serena was really experienced, however.

"Altaria! Hurricane on the Surf attack! Sylveon! Fairy Wind on Ludicolo! Make him a shield!"

"Pangoro, Gengar! Ice Punch at full power!"

The Ice punches froze the wave of water pulled off by Ludicolo, Sylveon had now protected the Mariachi Pokémon with a gust of Fairy Wind and Altaria was charging a one hundred percent accurate Hurricane.