24.1 Climbing between past and future

Welcome back everyone. Forgive the long wait but I have been sick and have worked a lot this month. As for today's chapter, I decided to break it into two parts so as not to let something out of over 6000 words. I hope you appreciate and have patience with my extended times. But I hope to return to regular soon.

Let's start!

The path toward the new campsite wasn't as long as the previous one when Ash was reaching the Cobalt Coastland, but surely it was more interesting.

First, he had someone with him. He and Akari were riding on Wyrdeer who was also carrying a small carriage with supplies and Greninja on it. The frog Pokémon was sleeping with a stick in his mouth.

Second, the road was surely more engaging. There were a lot of jumps, and the ground was uneven and continuously sloping. Everything while the big figure of the biggest mount in the region was becoming clearer and clearer with the hours of traveling.

After a week like that, the group finally arrived at the new campsite, still spartan and very little but well built. The construction Corp was improving his techniques and that was clear.

Laventon was excited to see the duo finally coming: "Ash, Akari! It's so nice to see you!" he said, jumping and waving his arms in the middle of the small camp.

Ash looked at Akari directly in her eyes and smiled before jumping off Wyrdeer with Pikachu and sprinting to greet the professor who had taken such a liking in that guy.

Akari smiled as well but, as soon as Ash diverted his gaze from her, she immediately blushed profusely. Pikachu and Piplup recognized that sight immediately.

She was excited, finally out in the wild, with Ash, so far from the constraints of Jubilife.

She approached Ash who was chatting with the small group who was living in that place.

"So tomorrow I will meet Ingo near that river. Very well. That Electrode will be calmed down! What do you say, Buddy?!" Ash said, holding his bicep and grinning at his number one partner.

"Pika Pika!!" the tiny mouse chirped in, pumping his little fist.

"WE" clarified Akari clearing her throat. Ash assumed a defensive stance: "Err! Of course, of course" he corrected himself.

Greninja finally woke up and hopped off the caravan.

Ash petted Wyrdeer and freed him from the carriage.

The sun was already setting and so the evening went through easily between chats and some training fights.

Laventon was impressed at Akari's improvement with Pokémon: "She sure has grown much more confident. I see... Pokémon have incredible power to also improve humans" he thought, excited at the implications.

Without noticing, Ash's Pikachu was close to him, and, out of reflex, he started to pet him. He suddenly realized what he was doing. His first thought was to jump in alarm but, somehow, it felt good and relaxed, allowing himself to enjoy that warmness.

"Okay Growlithe! Jump and go in Flame Charge! Greninja, Cut!"

"Pikachu! Thunder on Greninja! Piplup! Whirpool on Growlithe! Clefairy! Dazzling Gleam!"

Greninja broke through the Dazzling Gleam and avoided the Thunder, clashing against the Whirpool when Growlithe came at full speed, hitting the vortex with his full fire speed.

Laventon was fascinated... he was used to warn people about Pokémon being dangerous creatures, but now, he was fascinated, engulfed from the battle, amazed by the power they could display, admired by the two guys commanding with passion and drive their friends.