14. Diamonds and Pearls

Hey guys, welcome to another chapter of "When a life fades away". Now the story is getting spicier. We have at least 40 chapters in this first book so I hope you could all enjoy this first segment of my trilogy. Now, let's get started.

Canalave city was one of the most famous cities in Sinnoh because of its dock and its library.

When Serena entered the city, she was awestruck at the beautiful sight in front of her. The sea was marvelous in the distance, the buildings offered a great contrast to the nature surrounding the place but, in a way, they also completed the scene. The city exuded harmony and a sense of calmness.

The trio was soon in the front of the library when a blonde woman exited the building.

"Well, if you're not Dawn and Goh!" said the person.

"Cynthia???!!" the two youngsters exclaimed in shock.

"Wait, Cynthia like the Sinnoh champion?!" Serena intruded.

"Yeah, it's me. And you are a friend of Goh and Dawn? What's your name beautiful lady?"

Serena blushed and hid herself behind her short honey blonde hair: "I'm Serena. It's a great pleasure to meet an astounding trainer like you, Mrs. Cynthia"

"Wait a minute, you should have faced Ash in the Master 4 before everything... Now what's going to happen to PWCS?"

Cynthia saddened: "I'm so sorry for your loss, Dawn ang Goh. Ash was an incredible guy and an even better trainer..."

The group stayed strong, silently deciding to not involve anything else in a search that could also probably lead to defeat. They lowered their gaze. Cynthia went on:

"Anyway, the tournament hasn't been stopped. They decided to redo only the Masters 8 selecting the number nine in the ranking. And Dawn, you know him well".

Dawn looked perplexed but Cynthia again went on: "Paul was the number nine. He lost to Ash before entering the tournament. Anyway, Leon won again in the end against me. So, here we are. Nothing changes."

The thought of Ash been discarded so easily made Goh very angry. He gritted his teeth as if trying to hold back an unnecessary outburst. Same reaction was for Dawn.

However, Serena had another way to respond: "So, the biggest trainer organization decided that the tournament was much more important than a guy's life? And so, you all only went on again?! I must say I'm quite shocked" she answered very dryly.

Cynthia took the hit but didn't change her attitude: "We all knew Ash and it was devastating, but even Ash would have wanted us to move on."

"That's not this what I'm saying. I'm telling you that it's pathetic to make the tournament again with a replacement. I don't know this Paul, but I'm sure he didn't feel this great knowing he was only a substitute.

With your -The show must go on- attitude you all made a celebrational moments for trainers worldwide, a very low show. And I'm very sorry to tell you so."

With that, she politely bowed to the champion and entered the library greeting the blonde woman who was left befuddled, pondering this so charismatic girl's words.

Dawn and Goh, still mouth agape, but also very proud, followed the honey blonde leader soon after, not before having said goodbye to the Sinnoh Champion.

After a moment on her own, Cynthia raised her head and smiled. That girl had made her day.

"The world is full of beautiful trainers and Pokémon. Ash, you would be proud of this girl, if only you could have met her!" she thought with a soft smile, before heading to the dock.