21. Magmatic conclusion

Here we are with chapter 22. I've found a way to do everything and the new schedule until September will be 2 chapters a month. Hope you'll enjoy the story as it approaches its middle chapter.

The strange grotto opened somehow scared Gary and Lucario as hell. How in the world was possible for the ancient populations of this remote place deep in the northern part of the Johto region to elaborate such a complex system like that?

The older version of the Sinjoh Ruins was a miracle as they were. But now, it was simply crazy.

"What do you say Lucario? Should we get in?" asked Gary in a serious, calm, yet a little worried way.

Lucario felt his heart trembling and the pulse of aura. He nodded.

Gary looked in front of him. It was their non-returning point. But they didn't know.

............ .............................. .................................... ........................................

Ash was excited to ride such an amazing Pokémon like Basculegion. And the same feeling was held by Pikachu as well.

"You are really awesome Basculegion!" shouted Ash, while Pikachu was clapping at Basculegion's ability to make spectacular jumps to avoid rocks and wild Pokémon.

The "Big Fish" Pokémon felt pleased by all the compliments and love he was getting and communicated to Pikachu to give Ash the plate he had on his front fin. Of course, Ash had seen it but he wasn't a person to take what he wanted without permission.

"Really Basculegion?! Thank you so much!" Ash told holding the Splash Plate which had of course something written behind: The rightful bearer of a Plate draws from the Plate it holds."

"Wow, that's so great! Hey, can I ask you if you would like to help me when I need in my exploration?" asked the boy while Greninja was explaining the whole story to the surfing creature.

"BAAA!" answered making an even higher jump Bascuegion to accept the offer.

"That's great! I will call you with the flute! Proposed Ash playing it for a bit for Basculegion to learn the sound.

"What do you say guys? We have a new friend and now the three thieves won't stand a chance!" cheered Ash, pulling his fist high in the air.

"Pi Pikachu!" chimed in Pikachu, followed by Greninja's and Basculegion's excited cries of approval.

............ .............................. .................................... ........................................

"EEEET-CIUUUU!!" A blonde girl was having a bad morning that day.

Said girl, Serena, had had a bath in Lake Valor last night and now was paying the consequences for her actions.

To worsen things, she had just finished a conversation with a good friend of hers, Chloe, who was in berserk mode after the news that Goh had gone to Lake Acuity to face Uxie.

Serena had tried to calm her down but was in vain.

Lastly, she had had a very bad dream last night, probably because of the fever she caught of Ash on top of a tall mountain with a giant black all from which dark bloodstains were appearing and a man ready to kill. She didn't know how that dream had ended but it had left a deep anguish in her.

A shitty morning for a wonderful night.

............ .............................. .................................... ........................................