25. New and full moon for a new day

Welcome back. I want to thank all of you for your support. I hope you’ll like what I have in store for you.

Irida had found the piece of information she needed: “Right, now all I need to do is to find Ash” she said, putting a small piece of paper into the pocket hanging from the belt.
She put a hand on her chest, gazing through the horizon and seeing the enormous figure of Mount Coronet.
“He’s there… And I bet he will fight Melli” said a man next to him. It was Adaman who had his hands on the hips with a frowning face. He knew the warden too well to know that he might be using some tricks to fool Ash or even damage him.
“We need to get going until it’s too late.” The two leaders had put their differences aside for a moment, for the sake of that young boy who was so talented and carefree to help everyone with each Noble Pokémon without asking for anything.
In a previous meeting, all the chiefs, except Melli and Ingo who weren’t called back, the two Clans had agreed that they were failing their own purposes, asking that guy for everything without so much help from them.
For this, now the two leaders would join the guy and help him. In this case, it was up to Adaman to go help Ash since Melli was a member of the Diamond Clan but, since Irida would need aid in Alabaster Iceland, the northern part of the region with the giant Noble Avalugg, she had decided to come with the leader of the opposing team.
“Come, lead the way Mr. Time is precious,” she said with a hint of sulkiness.
The man didn’t reply, instead opting for starting the march while holding a little flask with a green liquid inside, fidgeting with the lanyard that held it.
“I hope I won’t need it” thought Adaman leading the path through Bolderoll Ravine, an arid inlet that was a faster side path but also more difficult to tackle to reach Moonview Arena and the Sacred plaza.
The path was lined with steep walls, and the most common Pokémon to see were Geodude who used the descent to roll and challenge each other. In fact, there were few trees or shrubs visible on the path, only large boulders complicated the road and made the path more hostile.
……….
Night was coming and Akari was lying in wait for the Clefairy to show up from behind a bush. Laventon was with her and her Clefairy was also eager to find some others of her species.
From the sky it looked like they did just in time since today was a Full moon night. If, for whatever reason, did they not make on time, they should have waited for another 28 days.
The girl was watching carefully her Clefairy who had started to behave strangely, like starting to be enchanted by looking at the celestial vault or be out of focus during training.
Pikachu was also keeping track of this fact. Although he had already witnessed the rituals of the Clefairy and knew that anything bad would happen, he decided to look out to the youngest member of Akari’s team, just in case.
One thing Pikachu had noticed was that the air and the “general feeling” of the night that was coming was odd. Something wasn’t right.
It didn’t help that he knew what was happening to Ash right now. He felt his partner suffering from the poison and so was doing Greninja. He was worried but couldn’t let Akari know.
It was around midnight when the first Clefairy came out from their hideouts, the beach filling with tiny pink Pokémon. They started to dance in small circles while the Full moon was raising in the sky, higher and higher. This coincided with a fastening of the dances. The group of Clefairy reunited all around the center of the beach, the grains of sand suddenly glowing and raising from the ground like stars in the sky.
Akari’s Clefairy jumped into the scene, joining the others in their dances like it was an instinct. Akari watched the scene while the grains started to descend to the ground. As soon as the grains touched some Clefairy’s bodies, they started to glow, emitting light and changing the shapes. Akari and Laventon were amazed, completely absorbed by the scene.
They didn’t notice that one of the Clefairy touched by the sand was Akari’s one.
Finally, the glowing light started to fade and from it emerged a new Pokémon; a taller version of Clefairy, more defined features, a wiser look: “Clefaaaableee!”
“Woah!” half-shouted Laventon; “That’s the evolution phenomenon!”
Akari was speechless, in trance. Clefable came back to her trainer who took notice of it: “You are…” asked Akari, her eyes watering and her voice trembling. Clefable nodded and Akari jumped out of her hideout and overwhelmed Clefable in a hug, soon joined by Piplup: “You are incredible Clefable, I love you so much!”
Laventon, who was a master in drawing, seized the moment and made a sketch to remember the scene.
The heartfelt moment was broken by the gazes of all the other Clefairy and Clefable who noticed what was happening.
Akari gulped for a moment until Clefable stepped forward and explained everything.
In a moment, Akari and Piplup were surrounded by all the Pokémon and gently stroked. It was a clear sign of affection from that population.
Akari’s heart was about to explode from joy, full of love for the Pokémon and the world.
Laventon joined them with Pikachu who became soon the center of an improvised party.
But all good things sooner or later ends. Suddenly, the sky had a twist, like it was deforming. In a moment everyone fell asleep, except for Pikachu and Akari. The Mouse Pokémon understood very well what was happening and fired a Thunderbolt to the sky, hitting in the descent the mouse himself and the poor trainer, whose hair shot right in the air, glowing.
Akari recovered from the shock and was engulfed by fear while Pikachu stood there, in front of her.
From the shadow of a tree nearby, an obscure figure emerged, scaring the poor girl even more.
Pikachu snarled; tonight, he might get a hard fight. Darkrai was in front of him.
……….
Ash’s heart was beating fast, so fast it was hurting. Melli watched the scene, amused: “So now you have two ways: surrender and have the antidote or fight me” he said, putting a hand in front of his mouth with a mocking look on his face.
Ash made an effort and stood again, even if he was shaking, alerting Melli’s Skuntank.
Growlithe had had enough at this point and stepped forward, knowing the enemy and aware of the fact that all the traps had been removed by Greninja in his last ditch effort.
The sight of his pal, laying in the dirt, made him mad. Using all the training done, he focused his flame inside and charged at full speed, his body soon surrounded by a tremendous heat. Stronger than Flame Charge, stronger than Flare Blitz, it was Raging Fury and he surprised everyone, especially Skuntank who was overwhelmed from the strike and fell.
Melli collapsed on his knee. He lost without even a fight. He couldn’t surrender that power but didn’t have a plan. Except killing the boy… With a swift move he broke the little bottle of antidote on the ground.
Ash watched the scene quietly, swearing in his mind. He made a step past the man: “I will end this even in this condition” the boy proclaimed, followed by Pikachu and Growlithe who were carrying Greninja.
They entered the Arena and were hit by the environment. Columns and an altar were in the middle of this place. Everything reminded Ash of the temples seen just before arriving there. He couldn’t pay so much attention however.
Suddenly the ground started to shake, and a giant glowing ball fell from the trees surrounding the Arena. It was Electrode.
Ash, still shaking and with a blurred vision, gritted his teeth: “It’s going to be a problem this time…” he said between one labored breathing and the other.
….
“Wh…What is this?!” asked to no one in particular Akari, on the floor, trembling.
Pikachu leapt forward and charged with a Quick Attack, swiftly dodged by Darkrai who disappeared in the darkness only to reappear behind Pikachu and launching a Dark Pulse. Pikachu made a quick turn mid-air and repelled the attack with his Iron Tail, deviating the beam to the ground and raising dust. Pikachu then charged again with Quick Attack, but again, Darkrai was faster and dodged again, this time reemerging suddenly in the same spot.
The Pitch-Black Pokémon tried to get a grip on Pikachu to use his Dark Void but the Mouse was eager to fight back and charged his Thunderbolt, shocking the foe and stunning him.
Pikachu used the minor advantage he had gained to collect an Electroweb to stop Darkrai from dematerializing.
However, Pikachu didn’t manage to do as he would because Darkrai recovered quickly and used Psychic hurling Pikachu here and there until the mouse managed to use the tail to stabilize himself to the ground, smashing it against the soil. From there, with a swift move, Pikachu gained the back to the soil and started spinning with Tunderbolt hitting Darkrai several times until he was obliged to back away.
Akari watched the scene amazed, her questions still unanswered. “It’s the Mythical creature which devours the dreams and creates nightmares… It should be a legend…” said Laventon who was recovering… “Looks like Thunderbolt managed to rescue me from the slumber…” pondered the researcher.
Akari listened carefully: “Legends say the more you sleep, the more you fall into Darkrai’s world. Someone also says that you can die there…”
Akari gasped. Luckily, everyone was waking up. The shocks released by Pikachu were enough to save everyone for now. The girl reached for Clefable and Piplup while the wild ones fled away.
The duo didn’t notice it at first but couldn’t focus on that anyway. In that moment there was a huge clash between Pikachu’s Thunderbolt and Darkrai’s Dark Pulse which caused a giant roar and sent massive shockwaves, ruining the harmony of such a beautiful and peaceful place.
Flower and branches were flying everywhere with little rocks and other debris. Akari and Laventon were shielding their faces when everything stopped.
Pikachu and Darkrai were still, gazing at each other. Suddenly the Nightmare Pokémon vanished. Pikachu followed with his eyes. With a hyper speed Quick Attack, Pikachu executed a fast run towards Akari and, when Darkrai was emerging from the girl’s shadow projected by the full moon, Pikachu struck the ground beneath. The menace was propelled backward and Akari thanked the tiny mouse who, however, couldn’t let the guard down. He had to protect them.
Akari finally embraced her courage and got up: “Okay Clefable, Piplup. We must help Pikachu!” she exclaimed, a serious yet determined gaze. She had to protect her Pokémon, Pikachu and Laventon.
“Clefable, Fairy Wind!” Clefable gathered her energy but instead of Fairy Wind, the pink Pokémon executed Moonblast. Sadly the new move wasn’t on control and the ball crashed against a tree on the other side of the small river that isolated the little oasis.
From it a loud roar was heard and soon after a giant Vespiquen appeared, with glowing red eyes.
Laventon was trembling with pure fear and shouted: “An Alpha Vespiquen!!”
“Shit!” exclaimed Akari.
The situation was quickly deteriorating. Pikachu was gritting his teeth. Two dangerous foes were a problem.
Darkari had, in the meantime, recovered and was ready to strike again. He did that by using Psychic on Piplup who had let his guard down. The poor Penguin Pokémon was repeatedly struck everywhere but then Pikachu hit Darkrai with Iron Tail freeing the tiny victim.
“Piplup!” shouted Akari, running to her little partner. Piplup stood again, bruised but ready again to fight.
With only a gaze with her Pokémon, Akari’s confidence grew again. She was ready to face the challenge.
Laventon stood as well, wanting to help in the battle: “Akari, you can take the Vespiquen. Based on my analysis, Pikachu is the only one to stand a chance against this abomination… Let’s hope to make it…”
As harsh as it should, Akari knew it was right: “Alright guys! Time to shine” she exclaimed in that once warm but now freezing night.

Ash’s legs were making an inhuman effort to keep the boy standing. Between pants and huffs, Ash noticed that Electrode had some strange features compared to the normal Electrode he knew. It looked like he was made out of wood.
“Maybe, we have a chance” whispered softly the guy. “Come on Pikachu! Try your Quick Attack! Growlithe, follow closely! Raging Fury”
The two Pokémon jolted forward. It was clear that Growlithe was faster, but Pikachu was still trying her best. Electrode used Rollout striking the two Pokémon.
“Pikachu! Use your Quick Attack to confuse Electrode. Run back and forth! Growlithe, charge your aura! I need your best Raging Fury!”
Pikachu was running as fast as she could. The Noble Pokémon was trying his best to follow the tiny mouse and tried to charge his electricity.
“He’s going to use Spark” muttered Ash, spitting some blood between coughs.
He wanted to alert Pikachu, but his lungs weren’t collaborating. The Spark Electrode released was huge, expanding in every direction, steamrolling everything in 10 meters.
Growlithe was hit very hard, but Pikachu didn’t look fazed or even disturbed.
Indeed, it even seemed that his Quick Attack was getting even faster. When Ash was noticing that fact, he didn’t have the reflexes to see Electrode charging again but, at the same time summoning a lot of other tinier glowing balls that were rolling down the little hill surrounding the Arena.
Electrode looked more and more desperate to release the energy accumulated in his body.
Ash was finally able to see this, together with all the Voltorb rolling.
“Damn, I need something, real quick!” thought the boy, who was about to pass out.
…..
The clash between Pikachu and Darkrai was going on. On the other side, stood Akari, Piplup and Clefable.
“Come on Piplup! Go with your Bubblebeam!” Piplup started off firing his attack; “Clefable: follow with Doubleslap!”
Vespiquen avoided Clefable but was struck by Bubblebeam. Clefable was hit by the queen’s Fell Stinger.
Akari was trying her best to stay calm and not panicking.
She ordered her counter: “Clefable! Doubleteam and then Doubleslap again! Piplup! Whirpool! Avoid Vespiquen to move away!”
The Alpha Pokémon was pushed back but was quick to reply with Defend Order. A beehive of Combee surrounded the queen and defend her. When the attack ended, Vespiquen reverted the order unleashing Attack Order. The whole beehive charged at full speed. Akari lost control for a moment and all the copies of Clefable were destroyed in a moment. Clefable did the best and charged Moonblast one more time, this time controlling the shot better than the last time.
This wasn’t enough but Piplup helped his comrade supporting Clefable with Bubblebeam. At the end, the duo exited the clash all bruised and damaged but still standing.
They turned around and nodded to Akari. The girl, still under shock, recovered quickly and nodded back.
She would do her best and couldn’t let her Pokémon down.

Ash was at his limit. The situation was quickly going out of control.
The Voltorb were giving a hard time to Pikachu and Growlithe who were jumping to avoid their dangerous Rollout. Their energy was being drained while Electrode was still untouched.
One Voltorb, out of sudden, shot a Thunder.
“Pikachu, take the hit releasing your guard. Try to absorb the hit as much as you can.”
Pikachu released all the tension in her stance and let the Thunder strike her. Suddenly, all her body was glowing, emanating a golden aura.
Ash saw the opening.
“Pikachu! Use your strongest Quick Attack! Release the electricity you have stored. Growlithe. You need to take the path marked by Pikachu! Go in all in with Raging Fury and, when she strikes, jump and do the magic!”
Pikachu released a mighty cry, leaping into a furious run. Golden electricity suddenly emerged from the Mouse’s fur. Quick Attack was becoming stronger and stronger, more similar to Volt Tackle with every passing moment.
Running at full speed, Pikachu wasn’t thinking about the task or anything but only focusing on that power unleashing in every direction striking every Voltorb on the path, aiming for that glowing target.
Growlithe was following as fast as he could feeling like he was being surpassed again in strength by Akari’s Pikachu.
But he won’t give up. He was ready to strike again.
Electrode was charging again, clearly intentioned to release his explosion.
Pikachu finally hit Electrode, destabilizing the Ball Pokémon, Growlithe jumped rom behind Pikachu who was thrown away by the recoil. Ash launched his last command: “Come on Growlithe: Flamethrower!”
The Puppy Pokémon released all the fire he had in his body in the exact moment that Electrode, too destabilized, was releasing his explosion.
The clash lasted one second. The Flamethrower passed through engulfing Electrode and suppressing the explosion before it was too late. The recoil was however tremendous.
Everyone was swept back 10 meters.
A golden light abandoned Electrode’s body who fainted with a relieved face.
Ash saw this and a plate next to the place where he was laying. It was the Zap Plate and said: “The third being raged, raining down bolts of anger."
He sighed. It was over. And darkness embraced his bruised and poisoned body.
….
“Come on Piplup! Bubblebeam all the way. Come on Clefable! Charge your moonblast! Use Doubleteam to confuse Vespiquen!”
Piplup was trying to distract the Bee Pokémon with his attack. Clefable was ready to fire and was waiting for the order.
Vespiquen was charging at full speed, furious as never before. She was in berserk state and was clashing against the Bubblebeam.
Piplup was now panicking and turned around to face his trainer. He expected to see his trainer pale and scary but not now. Akari was smiling, a determined grin on her face, which reminded him of Ash’s during a battle.
Akari nodded with a smile, she closed her eyes and then her face turned into a serene one. She was calm, trustful in her partner.
Piplup felt it, felt the trust and the love. He felt extreme power, a surge of energy undiscovered yet.
Akari felt it, felt the connection. Piplup’s Bubblebeam was increasing in strength until it finally became stronger, stronger, until…it became a huge stream of water: it was Hydro Pump.
Vespiquen was held back until Clefable finally unleashed his Moonblast. It was a moment, Hydro pump and Moonblast combined and hit the Bee Pokémon who struck a tree and fainted, letting fall a piece of rock like the ones Ash was looking for. Laventon went forward, accompanied by Clefable, and took the plate up: "It gathers power from the Plates, listening for the flute's song."
He mumbled for a bit and then put the plate in Akari’s pocket.
Piplup fell on the ground and so did Akari. It was over. The girl stood weakly again to go picking up the Penguin Pokémon. Clefable joined them and the girl was engulfed in a hug. They had defeated an Alpha Pokémon, all by themselves. She had defeated one of those Pokémon that threatened all the villagers of Jubilife.
Tears escaped her cheeks. Laventon cleared his throat. Although he was happy for Akari and relieved for the Alpha, an even bigger threat was there, only a few meters away, in the shapes of a giant dark nightmare. And only a tiny mouse was fighting it.

Pikachu was clashing a blow of Shadow Balls with his Iron Tail. Strike after strike, he was making his way toward his foe who was smirking like he was having the best time of all his life.
Pikachu himself had shifted his attitude, taking the battle as a challenge, but, however, he knew that Ash was in danger and so he was going to end this battle. The days when a Darkrai could end his path were long lost in the memories of the Sinnoh journey.
With a well struck blow Pikachu threw the Shadow Ball to the ground cutting it in half. The two semi spheres crashed to the floor generating a big roar and a cloud of dust all around the field. Pikachu took advantage of the situation to try a technique in order to avoid any problem with Dark Void. In an effort to contain his power, he fired a Thunderbolt into air. The blow fell down to the floor slamming the Mouse himself. His fur glowed golden. Darkrai had tried his best to catch Pikachu off guard and putting him to sleep but with Pikachu wasn’t there. From the dust, the Mouse Pokémon jumped towards the Nightmare Pokémon with a Quick Attack catching the dark king off guard. The hit wasn’t strong perse but Pikachu’s fur was charged with electricity that paralyzed the foe.
Darkrai retaliated using that chance to put the opponent to sleep but Pikachu was immune.
Akari was watching the scene with incredulity when Laventon made a suggestion: “Maybe electricity can maintain a living being awake even from a deep slumber”.
Akari was impressed. Pikachu was so much experienced through his adventures with Ash that was able to stand and have the upper hand against a monster like that Legendary Pokémon.
With an Iron Tail, Pikachu struck Darkrai’s head crashing him to the ground.
Thunderbolt was pushed back by Psychic but the Nightmare Pokémon was suddenly caught by paralysis.
It was Pikachu’s moment: taking a step forward, he leaped into one final Iron Tail, but this time Pikachu used Thunderbolt on his own tail. When the hit smacked Darkrai’s head, electricity flowed through the tail and zapped the foe.
With a last explosion, the night became silent once again.
Pikachu was panting heavily, bruises on his little body. Darkrai had already disappeared through the shadows. Or so it seemed until he reappeared alongside another Pokémon.
It had a blue, swan-like body with a yellow underside. It had pink eyes, a dark pink, round tuft on its head, and a pointed, beak-like snout. It was Cresselia.
The two Pokémon descended where Pikachu stood, still there, standing stoically to protect Akari.
The girl had come next to him. She wanted to protect Pikachu but was cut short by this scene. The two Pokémon were curious. They nodded, letting descend another plate. Pikachu smiled.
He had understood the meaning of the challenge: they had come to know about the guy from the future and wanted to test his Pokémon.
The plate said: "Two make matter, and three make spirit, shaping the world."
The two Pokémon disappeared, leaving  Akari free to hug Pikachu tightly and let her tears  drop.
….
Ash felt voices all around him. He was trying to reach them, until he found a light. He woke up. He was in a tent, fire crackling close by. He tried to stand, failing. There was another source of light. A little window beside his bed. He looked through it. Everything was white. He jumped, feeling a rush of adrenaline.
White mountains and a snowstorm. Where the fuck was he?

And that’s it.
Hope you liked the cliffhanger.  Tell me your thoughts.
Until the next time.
See ya!