12. A new kind of research fellow

Welcome to this new chapter of when a life fades away. From now on, I will post two chapters per week, one on Tuesday and one on Friday. And this morning the first chapter of "Again", my new story will come out.

Thanks for your support and see you at the bottom.

Gary Oak was a man to never show emotions. He had been the cocky trainer who usually went around with his cheerleaders. Now he was a professor in the making, but he preserved his attitude.

However, all the matter around Ash had upset him. Seeing all his Pokémon so ready to help their trainer moved the guy. He was doing research restlessly, calling friends and planning the next move.

What he did not expect to see was an old prophecy in a paper sent to him by an old friend of Professor Sycamore.

"Virtus Dei in ovo.

Aura potens.

Virtus quae fecit mundum, vocatur.

Hodie vel cras vel heri ubi anima et cor conveniunt in creatione Dei"

"What the hell is this?" said Gary to his grandpa.

Professor Oak saw the paper and was quick to retort: "Well, this is Latin, it is the language used by some ancient population in Sinnoh and nowadays you can only see traces of it in Rota"

"The ancient Sinnoh population? "Surely, he was interested now. Also, Clemont had told him that Astra had spoken in Latin back then.

Maybe this was connected to Ash somehow.

"We have to get a translation" proclaimed Gary, a little irritated.

Professor Oak thought for a while before heading towards the library and pulling out a book which looked like it had seen better times. The cover was bruised, some pages were missing, and the paper was yellow from time.

"This is my very first book I published. It is about all we were able to translate from some old idioms. I'm sure Latin is here too."

Gary nodded. He knew very well about his grandpa's book but, with all the tiredness of these days, he actually forgot about the publication that had changed his grandpa's life all those years before.

"Very well, let's start!" he said, showing no emotions.

Useless to say, his grandpa was worried about his health.

.................................................

"So, you are saying that both of you have somehow had an interaction with Ash, here in Sinnoh?!" Goh was choking on his Casteliacone.

The group was in a park in Jubilife, catching up and enjoying their ice creams.

Right now, they were talking about the news. Goh had revealed how everyone was making his part in order to find Ash. The girls were very happy to hear this but then they felt the need to tell him about their strange encounters with Ash.

Goh was obviously shocked to hear something that.

At first, he thought the two girls were being only over impressionable, but they were very persistent.

"How is that possible?"

"I don't know, but this happens only in specific places. I had the feeling that it is like Ash is in the same place as us. Like it was last night. Serena went to a park and there she found Ash, then an hour later I went there for myself and found him too" Dawn answered.

"I felt like a wind when I saw him, like if something was opening and then it was like there were murmurs and whispers." Serena went on.

"Something other?" Goh was writing things on a notebook.