5. The Other Side Of Paradise

As the sun rose, her matte black Mercedes glided through what was left of the little darkness on the highway.

Bigger trucks passing by lighting up what the sun couldn't reach quite yet.

The Weeknd - After Hours was blaring through the Benz stero system.

Her hair was messy. The blonde highlights were shining in the sunrise light.

-----------

She scanned her finger at the security keypad to open the gates.

She nodded at the guards on their shift.

The mansion was grand. Marble pillars, 4 car garage and a fountain surrounded by foliage and large hedges.

A muscular figure stood at the tall dark doors, as she parked her car.
Turning her stern down and reaching for her stuff she threw in the back.

"You're home late".

The voice was a soft tone yet raspy. still it startled her.

"Yeah it was good money though" she would add as she opened the bag full of cash she counted after her night was done.

The doors swung open as two butlers nodded.

"I don't understand why you just, just don't come with us Aurora". the voice sternly added.

"Clinton" she sighed
"I told you already. If I'm able to make my own damm living I don't need your daddy's money".

Gold encrusted doors swung open, they scanned their hands. Another bullet proof door opened which then revealed a vault. Clinton typed something on the keypad and when finished the door swung slowly open.

Rori taking the cash she earned from her bag, spilling it out on the piles of cash already there.

"What the fuck are you going to do with all this then Clinton?"

Clinton would let out a chuckle, " Isn't your concern Rori. That's for me and my father to discuss".

Rori scoffed. "You and your dumbass daddy's money is pissing me off. I could do so much with that, and still have extra to spare".

---------
The sun now risen and shining through the tall windows, Rori had tried to sleep but she couldn't.

She turned over to grab her phone from her side table to see 5 missed calls from Cecilia.

Rori grumbled, sitting up she would call Cecilia back.

Her phone would ring until Cecilia picked up.

"Hey Cece I saw you called-" before finishing her sentence Cecillas voice was all shaky and she was stumbling over her words, she manged to get out

"They shot up the club Rori". Cecilia was starting to weep over the phone.

"Cece what happend, who- who shot up the club?!"

Speaking softly Cecilla added "Lopez, all I know is Lopez..".

"Is everyone okay?! Are you okay?"
"I'm fine I just never want that to happen again." The tone of Cecilias voice shifted she was starting to cry "Rori what if it happens again?"

Cecilia sounding concerned and upset, looking for some sort of comfort.

"It won't Cece, I promise you. I'm glad you're okay, I'll see if I can find this Lopez for you. And we can press charges." Rori would say to hopefully help calm Cece down.

"Thanks Rori. We appreciate it, I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow night. Love you girl"
"Love you too Cece".

She would hang up. Flopping back down on her bed, letting out a deep sigh.

The name Lopez sounded familiar, she just couldn't recall who it was.

Life wasn't always a paradise in this big city. She knew they had fellow mobsters and smaller gangs.
But no one dared to make any attack. And to attack the highest paying club. With these mafia men, that's that's risk someone with power would only do..

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

!Editors Note!
this is my first published story. If you have any suggestions of what you as a reader think I can improve on please let me know. Otherwise any questions feel free to comment. And enjoy - A