23. Past, Present, Future.

The after-party.

Taking the cash from my dress. Stuffing the stacks of thousands into my bag.

I'll count it all when I get home.

Grabbing the bag, closing it shut. Leaving my cash for the house mom then signed out. Opened the back of the Benz, and threw the bag of cash with the rest. I know. Sounds insane of me to keep all this cash, I keep forgetting to count it all. So it piles up.

Bad habits.

Letting out a small smirk at myself for being foolish. Shutting the back, and opening my door. Exhausted and sore, I crave a steaming shower so badly.

After the princess left I decided I was dome for tonight. Her group paid well. They had money to spend, and they spent it all.

Turning on the blue tooth, connected my phone, turned on my playlist shuffled my songs.

"Shut up and drive" by Rihanna was the first song on. Turning it up, and rolling my front windows down. I left.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I felt them synch my waist in. Pulling the strings of my corset tighter, I can't fucking breathe with this shit on. "Tighter".
"What! No, you're fucking insane. I can't fucking breathe dad!"
"You think Julius wishes for a fat wife Valentia!"

"She's not fat" my mother sitting beside him, slapping him with her purse.

"Losen the poor thing, for god's sake." Her soft tone spoke to the poor fitting ladies.

They brought out the dress my and mom had picked out. Checking if it needed any extra alterations.

Stepping into the dress. It slides perfectly up all my curves. The dress fit a lot better than the last time I had tried it on.

"You look stunning sweetheart" my mom is on the verge of tears.
"Thanks, mama."
One of the ladies grabbed her a handkerchief. My father was reserved. Keeping his words to himself.

Turning around into the large mirror, facing myself.

Facing the girl who in two weeks is marrying a man I didn't want. I recognize a younger soul standing in that mirror. I see that little ball of sunshine before her world shattered. Before her whole world was just power and blood.

I face myself.

I am my biggest battle.

No enemy of mine could even compare to me.

I fight myself every day.

A fight that one day will end in the grave.

Womb to tomb. However, it's only me.

But for now, I keep fighting myself.

Beating myself up and bringing myself back up.

Holding the tears in.
Daddy says
"Big girls don't cry."
So I shed no tears.

Holding the blood from my bruises.
Daddy says
"Wimps use bandaids, you aren't one."
So I bleed.

Show no remorse and emotion.
Father says that makes us vulnerable.

What father says, goes.
He doesn't want our opinions.

Father says you marry him.
You better hear those wedding bells.

He doesn't care.
No one cares.
A bitter man.

I shut my eyes and there she is. Little Valentia, is only 7 years old. Crying in the doorway after watching my father shoot my favourite bodyguard. Then later found out he betrayed my dad. I memorize the words he spoke as he pulled my face with the blood of another man on his hands.