breaking of hearts

Y/n pov

As soon as I woke up, I looked beside me only to see Jace wasn't lying there with me. Why isn't he here? Did he leave already or whatever happened yesterday was all a dream?

I jumped out of my bed as I wondered all the possible reasons on how Jace would've had left.  While, I hit my ankle from the side of the bed.

     "Fuck" I groaned in pain out loud.

     "Y/N" Jace barged inside the room , wondering why I shouted.

     "Oh so you're still here?" I asked out of confusion because I thought he left.

     "What do you mean by if I'm still here?"

     "Well nothing, it's just that I thought you left for work you know?" Okay I'm good at lying again.

     "Oh and like I heard you shout,what happened?"

     "N-nothing, it's nothing " I lied because I didn't want him to worry about my feet getting hit because of my stupid jump.

     "Tell me" he said keeping the serious tone in his voice.

     "Okay, so I hit my toe that's it."

     "Do you want me to like take you to the hospital for this?" He joked sarcastically.

     "JACE!" I said, annoyed at him.

     "I was just joking , now go brush your teeth and come down to eat breakfast" he ordered me like my own mom.

     "Yes mom, will be down in 5 " i joked.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face as I went downstairs to eat breakfast where I saw Jace keeping the 'serious face' look on his face.

     "Hey" I said as I grabbed the chair behind and sat on it.

     "Hey" he replied sternly.

     "What's wrong with you you seem pretty serious?" I said as I started eating my meal.

    "We need to talk" he said sternly, yet a bit of gentleness in his tone.

    "Sure" I said as I stopped eating and kept my plate aside.

    "I'm leaving new york" he said as I started to regret getting back together with him, when I already knew he's going to break my heart.

    "So?" I asked as if I didn't care but I did.

    "So? Is that all you have to say?"

    "I mean- do I even get a say in this?"

    "Yes you do get a say in this y/n, you're my girlfriend "

    "Sure then how about you tell me when are you leaving?"

    "T-to" he paused and took the glass of water lying beside him as he took a sip of it. "Tonight, I'm leaving tonight"

    "What? And you're telling me all of this now?"

    "Y/n the plans were ma-"

    "You should've had told me this before you asked me to get back together with you , Jace" I said as I started regretting whatever I had just said.

    "What did you mean by that? are you saying if you knew I was leaving then you'd never even have got back together with me?"

    "N-no that's now what I meant"

    "But that did seem like what you meant"

    "I - I can't have this conversation right now" I said as I got up from my seat.

    "We need to break up" he said which made my heart ache "I don't want to y/n but, I have to because I don't think I'd ever be able to keep up with long distanced relationships. That shit just isn't for me" he said making his point clear.

    "Okay then I'm fine with that" as I stormed into my room shutting the door behind loudly.

Is this what it felt like when I left him? Did he do this to get his revenge over me for leaving him? These were the only two questions that were bothering me as I laid in my bed , pillow stuffed in my face .
______________

     "Y/n, I'm leaving " Jace said from outside the door, his voice a bit muffled cause he was too far away.

     "Okay then leave" I stuffed my face even more inside the pillow as I said that.

     "Please open the door, I want to see you before I leave" the sadness in his voice was just too much for me.

I got up from my bed and unlocked the door open.

     "Y/n" he looked straight into my eyes as if he was trying to find something in me that I didn't have for him.

     "I should've have died" I said as I broke the eye contact.

     "But you didn't" he said while he took my chin and slightly tilted it upwards so that I'm up facing him and not down , where there is nothing left.

     "I think you shall leave" my eyes spoke along as I spoke something only to hurt ke later .

     "U-um I think so too" He spoke as he turned his back over me to walk away.

     "We won't forget eachother, right?"

     "I can't promise for you ; but for me nobody could ever replace you , Jace."

     "I love you" he left as he made my heart skip a beat again just like the old days.

Those butterflies were turning into big bees when he left . I felt that happen, again. Yet, I wasn't able to help myself .

"Forever" he said back when he was still wearing my ring and now he left as if he didn't even know me. Earlier this morning when I woke up, I looked at him sleeping peacefully only to realize what love is like but it was too late by then for him and for me. I fucked up the only great thing that had every happened to me and now I can't seem to fix it because he's not mine.

Sometimes the one person whom you broke could break you in the same way ; but it'll hurt you alot more times than it did them.

THE END.