Chapter 14

Tom and I texted constantly, even as he headed back off, with Harry to yet another country to do some press for his upcoming film; it was hard being apart at the beginning of a relationship, but we facetimed as often as we could, time zones permitting and texted the rest, especially when Harry was around as we were still keeping the joke going that we were just "friends". I still visited the Hollands frequently to help out with the plans for the upcoming special screening of the new film to benefit the Trust; helping with the online raffle and checking with the hotel we were using for the reception and screening; and fending off Nikki and Sam who seemed to have teamed up against me, constantly singing Tom's praises and trying to encourage us together.

On one of our final calls before Tom was due home we decided to let the cat out of the bag after the screening event, thus avoiding the attention of the press and insane fans and finally being able to be affectionate with each other around his family. I missed him with every fibre of my body, my bed feeling far too cold and empty by myself, longing for the warmth of his skin against mine and the home I'd somehow managed to find in his arms. I battled through each day regardless, finding myself thinking of him often, watching his films to find small comfort. 

Finally he was home, but only briefly before heading to Manchester for a photo shoot, followed the next day by the event. The Trust had raised a huge amount of money from the raffle and the 200 winners had all been notified of their success and accepted the invitation. Most of my day had been spent with the Hollands pulling the last few bits together, before we changed into our event wear, and headed off to the hotel. I'd gone all out for this special screening and the first time Tom and I would be together in almost a month - I wore a dark forest green dress, with built in corset style top, with lace straps and a slightly immodest slit to mid thigh which I paired with stockings and a black lace g string underneath and medium black heels to finish. I carefully curled my hair and pulled it half up into a do, so it partially cascaded down but was up enough that I could still work the event without it getting in the way. I carefully added eyeliner and a smoky grey shadow before finally adding a light plum lipstick. I looked in the mirror of Paddy's bedroom which had been given to me to change in and knew I looked stunning, even the voices of disapproval in my head were silent and I could not wait until Tom saw me.

I walked downstairs seeing the boys wearing sharp dark suits, ties carefully tucked in, and Nikki in a wonderful strapless black sequined dress. It was like I was Cinderella descending to Prince Charming by the sounds of approval. Sam and Harry were gobsmacked and Paddy blurted out that I looked nice, before blushing an unbecoming tomato red. "You look amazing" Nikki stated proudly, "perfect for this event. How you are still single, like Tom, I don't know, maybe tonight will be a lucky one for you"

"Maybe it will" I smiled as I pulled a sheer wrap around my shoulders and we headed for the car to take us to the event.

We arrived early in order to provide last minute instructions to the event and ensure all the gift bags had been placed on the chairs in the screening room, and that there were a row of additional chairs stacked at the back in case we needed somewhere to perch. The reception room was ready with nibbles and drinks lined up for afterwards and the lobby to the screening room was already starting to fill with excited fans, dressed to the nines as we began to register them, ushering them through to find themselves a seat.

It's hectic, controlled chaos. If I hadn't been around the Hollands it would have been overwhelming, but even so I sneaked into the back of the screening room to take a breath and quickly check my phone to see a message from Tom, a photo of him making a kissy face and the message to get ready for a sleepless night. I smiled and blushed, before quickly closing the message and locking my phone to head back into the fray. I am standing by the door checking the tickets that were sent to the winners and marking them off on my list when I have one ticket thrust almost into my face by a barbie doll. Or thats what my first thought was of the overly coiffured bleach blonde bimbo in front of me. She had so much mascara it was almost impossible for her to open her eyes fully and I was certain one more coat of bubblegum lipgloss and she'd fall forward, only aided by her top heavy figure which had been squeezed into a pink bodycon dress that was definitely a size too small and finished off with a cloud of choking sweet perfume and white stilletto heels. "Welcome to Essex" I muttered under my breath as I examined the ticket before asking her name.