Chapter 3 - Too Much Too Fast

TRIGGER WARNING: BRIEF PARAGRAPH OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

In your dream:

"Ryan, you're back late. Do you remember we had dinner reservations tonight? I got all dressed up and ready for our special day."

You stood at the doorway disappointed with your arms crossed as your ex boyfriend stumbled in. Smelling of alcohol.

"Who do you have to impress?" He snarled. "And who are you to tell me that I have a curfew? Who the fuck do you think you are?"

Ryan gets in your face, angrily shouting at you in every way possible. The stench of alcohol on his breath filling the air. His spit falling onto you as he screams. The dream is so vivid.

You take your car keys from the kitchen table and walk towards the door to leave and he stops you by brutally grabbing you by your hair and he pushes you onto the floor. All you see is black.

The sound of whacks fading in and out through your ears.

........

You wake up with a small gasp. the sound of the tour bus windshield wipers and heavy rain falling on the window.

"Hey." Billie says as he pulls you closer to him, giving you a kiss on your temple. "You okay?" He asks concerned as he runs his fingers through your hair. 

"Yeah." you said. "Just a bad dream." You sighed thinking about these nightmares you have been having on occasion since you left the abusive relationship with your ex.

Billie runs his hands softly up and down your back and you fall asleep again.

"Wake up bitchesssss....coffees on, we made it to New York. Let's check into the hotel!" Tre Cool announced waking everyone up from their slumber.

You stretched out your arms. "Oh man, I could sleep all day." You said yawning.

"That's not the rockstar life baby!" Tre said playing air guitar sticking his tongue out.

You shook your head and giggled.

After everybody had gotten ready for the day and grabbed some coffee, everyone gathered outside of the tour bus, the driver unloaded suitcases and you all walked into the hotel. This place was stunning. Tre Cool and Billie Joe walked over to the desk to check in.

You stayed with the suitcases in the huge lobby along with Mike, Britney, and Sara.

"I like your outfit." Sara said and smiled at you.

"Oh thanks!" You said shyly and smiled. You were wearing your favorite pair of skinny jeans, a black shirt and a pair of black heels. Your hair was up in a high ponytail, long bangs parted to the side.

You and Sara were making small talk while Britney and Mike were video chatting with who you think may have been their children.

"Here's your room key." Billie Joe smirked and handed you a key card. "Let's bring our stuff inside?" he suggested.

You all headed over to the elevators. "Meet tonight at the stadium for 8pm." Billie said. Mike and Tre nodded and you all went your separate ways.

Billie Joe opened your hotel room door. The inside was gorgeous. The king sized bed had clean crisp sheets, the bathroom had a huge walk in shower and a jacuzzi with a TV inside of the mirror, the room itself had a huge TV, a mini fridge, and a mini bar. The view of the city was amazing from the enormous ceiling to floor windows. You stood in amazement looking out of them.

"You want to explore the city?" Billie Joe asked.

"Yes, that sounds great!" You replied.

"I have a rental outside, let's head out." He said with a smirk.