Chapter 22 - Meet Me On The Roof

A couple of months have passed and your pregnancy was clearly showing.

Billie loved your pregnant belly, it was adorable. He would touch and kiss it every chance he would get. Whenever he would come home after a long day he would kiss you, kiss your tummy and play the guitar for the baby.

Your hormones were crazy and you tried keeping it under control the best you could. One day you were freaking out about how much weight you have gained and started crying hysterically.

"y/n.....you have always been beautiful but you have an incredible glow to you carrying our baby and a little extra weight. Pregnancy looks amazing on you. Also, pregnant sex is fucking awesome." Billie always said the sweetest things to comfort you.

"Is that a new fetish Billie Joe?" You joked. Wiping your teary eyes.

The two of you made passionate love.

Another day, after buying the rest of the things needed for the nursery, the two of you were setting the room up and you wanted to pick up a screw that had fallen onto the floor while hanging up an art piece and you couldn't reach it. Billie saw you crying because of it. He went up to you and wrapped his arms around you. Kissing the top of your head, your forehead, and your lips.

He picked the screw up off the floor for you and helped you hang up the art piece. Once it was up, the two of you sat in the nursery and he lay his head on your lap and started reading a book from the bookshelf to the baby inside of your belly. You gently ran your fingers through his hair and listened to his soothing voice reading the story.

Billie would always be so attentive and helpful.

You couldn't reach your feet at this point of your pregnancy so he would help you with your shoes. And he would also book your spa and nail appointments so you were relaxed and always had your feet done.

Rebecca and Amy had finally settled into their home in Oakland. They lived about 10 minutes away from you and Billie Joe. You would show them a new place or two every week.

Billie Joe got Rebecca a job at the Golden Bull bartending on weekends and a couple of times during the week, she would work at Broken Guitars. She was very grateful.

The day of the ultrasound appointment came and this was a very special appointment because the sex of the baby would be revealed and both you and Billie had requested that only the doctor knew if the baby was a boy or girl. The both of you wanted to keep it a surprise so you had allowed them to share the result with Sara and Rebecca only for the purpose of the gender reveal.

The day of the gender reveal party was a couple of days later. It was hosted at a lounge with a rooftop bar and pool that had recently opened up in LA.

There were plenty of tables and chairs with wide open space.
The lounge was decorated with balloons. There was a candy bar, they served up frozen margaritas and cold beers from the open bar and unlimited food in a basket for the guests.

A photo booth was rented too and of course, there was a stage area for Billie and his friends to perform music for the entertainment.

The guests had arrived and it was the typical crowd. Billie's siblings and their families, Ollie, Jakob and his Ultra Q friends, Joey and his girlfriend, Tre and Sara came with Mickey, Ramona, and Frankito. Mike and Britney brought their kids. Even Estelle, Mike's daughter made it.
Kevin and the two Jasons, their wives, Jeff.
Stephen, Gigi and Crystal flew out from Boston, you had some cousins, aunts, and uncles who flew out too.
Adrienne and Brad came with the baby.
Some of the neighbors, record label people, and Billie's friends.

The food and entertainment was great. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Billie was disappointed you had worn your heels because he was overprotective with the pregnancy (no tight jeans around the waist, no heels -- he didn't want you or the baby hurt.) so when your feet started hurting because of the heels you wore, he helped you undo the straps on your heels and he gave you a speech about how you need to wear comfortable clothes while pregnant. Your foot was swollen because the pregnancy made your body retain water. And your emotions got the best of you again.