Chapter 21 - Dinner For Four

You and Britney have been helping Adrienne with the baby once a week after she got home from the hospital. She was doing such a great job adjusting back to caring for an infant after 23 years since she had Joey.

Her mom and sister would help too. Raisings kids takes a village.

"Thank you both for helping me with everything." She said smiling.

You finished folding up the load of baby laundry which smelt so heavenly while Britney put away the bottles from the dishwasher.

Brad was vacuuming their living room while Adrienne fed the baby on the couch with her feet propped up on the ottoman.

You said your goodbyes to her and Britney and headed home.

Later on that afternoon, while you were working on your tan in the back yard, you got a call from your fertility doctor.

"Hello?" You said answering the phone.

"Hello, is this y/n?"

"Yes."

"Good afternoon, We wanted to call you to let you know that your lab results came in and you're pregnant."

"I'm pregnant?" You said in surprise.

"Yes Miss. Congratulations."

"Are you sure you have the right person? I'm not feeling any symptoms or anything like that. I'm definitely not pregnant."

"Your lab work came in and tested positive for a baby. We wanted to update you with the lab results Miss. The doctor would like to schedule an ultrasound as soon as possible."

"Yes, of course." You said and booked the appointment.

(I'm pregnant?) You thought to yourself and chuckled.

You drove to the nearby pharmacy to pick up some pregnancy tests.

You ran up stairs to your bedroom and shut the bathroom door peeing on the sticks.

You laid them out on the sink counter and waited. Nervous. Excited. Anxious.

Then you saw it.

"PREGNANT"

"Oh my god!" You cried tears of joy.

Excited, you called Billie Joe on video chat.

"Hey beautiful." He said.

"Hey. What are you up to?" You asked.

"At the studio with Mike and Tre. We're doing some rehearsals. Jamming to some new stuff and we just, y'know kinda fucked around with new songs." He pointed the camera towards them so you could say hi.

Mike smiled at you holding his coffee up toasting it to you. Tre took the camera from Billie Joe and pointed it at him. His big blue eyes taking up most of the camera screen. "Hey y/n."

"Hello Mr. Cool. How are you?" You asked smiling.

"Pretty good now that I see your gorgeous face." He smooched and lifted his t-shirt showing off his nipple, then kissed Billie's cheek. "I have him all hot and ready for you y/n."

He gave the camera back to Billie.

Billie and Mike laughed. He walked over to the couch and sat down continuing his conversation with you.

"Anyway......." he ran his hand through his hair. "We bowled earlier and I picked up a new car, we all went for a drive in it, and we decided to hang out here and shoot the shit. Get working on some new songs, y'know? You want to come by?"