Chapter 8 - Goodbyes

Lisa's service was a beautiful one. The funeral parlor was huge. The floral wreaths and bouquets were a work of art and she was surrounded by all of her friends and family. She looked as if she was sleeping in the casket.

Though it was painful to say your last goodbyes to Lisa, you were thankful for the friendship and memories you both shared. The three photos you and Rebecca picked as your part of the slideshow were displayed along with many others. Her family asked you to stay in touch.

You introduced Billie Joe to your friends and Lisa's family too. They loved him. Some asked you how you are dating a literal rockstar. Others had no clue who he was. This man was so humble and modest. He didn't flash himself or have a "better than thou" attitude. He was good energy and it wasn't a surprise that they loved his charisma and sense of humor.

Billie Joe was talking to Stephen, Amy, and Gigi when you saw your ex boyfriend Ryan pay his respects to Lisa's family.

"What is he doing here?" Rebecca asked walking up to you.

"That's strange, he didn't really know Lisa. I have no idea." You said.

Ryan was a literal walking nightmare. You both dated for about 4 years. Things were good for the first couple of years but overtime, he became very abusive towards you. The abuse was verbal at first and eventually led to him hitting and belittling you.
He scared you very much. Your friends hated him. And every time you would build up the courage to leave, he would "change" for a couple of months and go back to the same abusive toxic person.

He noticed you and Rebecca in the corner of the room talking. He stared you down with a piercing stare and creepy grin as he left. This left you feeling very uncomfortable.

You felt so sick after the service. You threw up. Nerves.

Billie drove you Rebecca, and Amy back to your apartment.

Both you amd Billie Joe were in your room. You were laying on your bed and he had just gotten out of the shower and was putting his pajamas on. A pair of green and black flannel pants and a white Misfits band shirt. His hair was messy and he looked so fluffy and cuddly.

"Come lay near me?" You asked him.

"Yeah." he said. Snuggling up to you, you laid your head on his chest. He smelt so delicious. He kissed you. Your fingers intertwined with his.

You missed this....your safe place. Your Billie Joe.

He kissed your head.

"My ex boyfriend was at the service tonight." You told him.

You explained how much he gave you PTSD. Your miscarriage, the abuse, and everything else he put you through.
You've mentioned Ryan to Billie the first night you both met. Billie Joe knew Ryan was a douchebag.

"If I knew he was there, I would have kicked his fucking ass, babe." He said.

You giggled.

"He's not worth it." You told him. Kissing his lips.

"Thank you for setting up the movers for me." You said.

"You're welcome, baby. Anything for you." He said slowly moving his hands up and down your side.

His eyes were heavy. He was tired. Did he even sleep after the concert if he got on a plane shortly after and went straight to Boston?

You both fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning, you woke up and gently kissed him on his cheeks. What a beautiful feeling to wake up with such a handsome and caring man next to you. You snuggled up on his neck leaving soft kisses. He was delicious in every way.