Chapter 12 - Firsts

A couple of weeks had passed and you had gotten a bit more adjusted to your new life in Oakland.

You would go on walks with the next door neighbors and the dogs, help Billie Joe keep the house clean even though he insisted on getting a housekeeper to help keep it in order because the house was huge. You baked a lot and made him wholesome home cooked meals which he loved. You both did laundry together and worked in the garden. You finally learned to surf and volunteered with Sara and Britney picking up trash at the beach.

You visited Adrienne's shop Atomic Garden and bought some eucalyptus soy candles for the house. Billie tried teaching you guitar but every time he taught you, you just couldn't grasp it and it would eventually lead to passionate love making.

Life was good.

You would miss things back home like your job at the library, your regulars when you would waitress, visiting old museums, and Rebecca of course because even though you had no social life back home because of work and school, being her room mate and seeing her every day made you happy. You remembered even during the roughest most exhausting days, coming home at night, ordering take out, and hanging out watching Netflix was everything. You had to make a visit soon. All this baby news and adjusting to a new city took some time to get adjusted to.

You felt nauseous some mornings....other days you were fine. Jakob had finally moved in. Billie Joe was looking to buy a bigger home for your growing family.

He wanted to stay in or near Oakland so he picked an upper Piedmont area because the schools were better. The homes were even bigger. Neighborhoods even more luxurious.

"Billie, we're fine here." You said. Trying to convince him that the home you were living in now was just right.

He was stubborn. He wanted to make sure everything was perfect for you and the baby.

He surprised you one morning with a black SUV in the driveway.

"What's this?" You asked.

"The safest and most spacious family car on the market right now." He said smiling. "It's all yours, baby."

You were spoiled.

Moving day came. And it was the first night in your enormous, beautiful, new home. The home was straight out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. The living room was huge, the kitchen was specifically customized to your taste and everything you have ever wished for featuring granite counter tops, marble tile floor, stainless steel appliances, an island with a built in hibachi grill, a beautiful backsplash, and black cabinets. The kitchen had a sliding glass door that led to a huge back yard surrounded by tall oak trees with a gazebo and an inground swimming pool. A stone fire pit, and a mini bar. Literally, an adult playground. The home itself had 3 fireplaces, 2 sound proof studios, a total of 6 bedrooms, 3 guest bedrooms, a room for Jakob, and a nursery. There were 4 1/2 bathrooms, your master bedroom with a huge walk in closet, walk in shower, and sliding glass door with a mini porch. The living room was the main room as you walked in with a beautiful grey wooden floor, immaculate tall ceilings, columns separating the kitchen from the living room and a huge winding staircase that led upstairs. And of course, a huge garage for his "toys" - the classic cars and 2 motorcycles with an attached mudroom. It was your dream home.

Billie Joe kept this new house in a trust. It wasn't to be sold because it belonged to the family. He wanted to make sure the baby had this if anything were to ever happen to you two.

The boys have their shares of stocks bonds, collectibles, Green Day money, antique cars that would be passed onto them if anything were to happen to Billie Joe. He set the same up for the baby. You felt so much gratitude he did this all for the baby and you weren't even married.