Chapter 23 - The Baby Shower

It was the day of your baby shower. A rainy day in Oakland. It was held at a nice upscale restaurant overlooking the city and brunch with sweet pastries was served.

The women in your life were there. Gigi, Crystal, two of your aunts, some of your cousins, Rebecca, Amy, Sara, Britney, Adrienne, Lisa's mom and sister, your neighbor's wife, Ollie and Billie's sisters. The guests who weren't close got to know each other through conversations and games. They all had fun while they were there.

They played games like Baby Bingo and name a baby song starting with the letter, "Guess That Baby Food" and a bunch of other cliche baby shower games. All in good fun.

Sara had a special cake made for the baby shower. It was a tiered masterpiece. Everything was so glamorous and the colors for the decorations were black and rose gold. Elegant and beautiful. Balloons were in an arch and several displayed throughout in bunches which were a great photo prop opportunity.

The ladies brought gifts for you and you opened each of them as you sat in an oversized throne chair in rose gold and white.

Every gift was so thoughtful.

"How do you buy a gift for a woman who has everything?" Rebecca said smiling.

She and Amy got a special bear made with your friend Lisa's clothing and a chic black baby stroller. With a matching baby carrier.

You cried at how beautiful and thoughtful the stuffed bear was.

Adrienne made the baby a quilt and gifted you a gorgeous bassinet along with a cute diaper bag filled with eco friendly baby bottles and cotton diapers from Atomic Garden.

Britney bought you a Louis Vuitton diaper bag filled with baby goodies with a card "From Uncle Mike and Auntie Britney." Inside the card, there were papers claiming stock ownership for Golden Seed. The baby was already an investor. There was also a bass starter guitar in a box.

Sara had a bunch of custom onesies made with cute sayings such as "I'm a rockstar like my daddy", "My big brother plays in Ultra Q" and "Punk Rocker." She bought the baby little Doc Marten boots, Creepers, slip on Vans and Converse shoes one in pink and one black.

There was a little note saying:

"We don't know where these little feet will take you but your life will be a wonderful journey. Here's your first pair of shoes from Uncle Tre and Auntie Sara."

Along with the gift were band onesies. Green Day, The Beatles, The Ramones and Misfits. A toddler drum set. And a signed Vinyl record behind a frame from the Beatles for the nursery. It had been in Tre's collection for many years.

Ollie gave you a basket full of unique items. In the basket there was a voucher for a mom to be massage at the spa downtown.

The little note said:

"For your self love and pampering. - Mama Ollie"

There was a certificate for a pregnancy photoshoot session. A voucher for months worth of meals from Hello Fresh. A gift certificate for house cleaning, and a luxurious soft robe.

You hugged her. "Thank you so much momma."

She hugged you back. "No, thank you for carrying my granddaughter. And taking good care of my boy. You need to treat yourself."