Chapter 13 - Backyard Party

You got a text from Rebecca "We're outside!"

You open the door to see your friends. They're so happy to see you. You start getting emotional and cry as you hug and kiss them.

Oh pregnancy hormones.

"What a cute doggy!" Crystal said petting Lenny.

"That's Lenny. Billie's fur baby." You explained.

"Oh he is so cute! Aren't you cute? Yes you are." she makes smooching sounds. Lenny loves the attention. Crystal coos.

"Y/N you look amazing..like, you're literally glowing. The California sun is treating you well." Said Rebecca.

You look over at Billie Joe and he smiles at you. Both of you knowing you're pregnant with his little bean. You smile back shyly.

"Thanks Beck." You blushed.

"This neighborhood is extravagant, these houses must cost millions." said Stephen.

"Yeah, this whole neighborhood smells of high class elite suburban privilege." said Gigi jokingly.

Amy looks around chewing bubble gum. "Cute kids." She pointed to a picture frame on the fireplace mantle. "Those are my boys." Billie Joe said. "They're all grown up now. Joey is 27 and Jakob 23."

She observed all of the photos. There were photos of you and Billie Joe, your favorite photo of the two of you on your first date night at that fancy restaurant in Vegas, your parents, Billie Joe's parents, his family photos, a picture of Adrienne with Billie Joe, and the boys at a graduation. The photo you took in Boston of you and your friends at Mon Kou. A photo of the group the day at the beach where Tre was buried in the sand. Lots of great memories.

The shelves displayed photos and other special things such as the Grammy awards and several other award trophies Billie Joe has won over the years. Along with your many awards from college.

"Do you guys want a drink or something?" Billie Joe asked.

"I'd love one." said Rebecca.

"Yes please." Said Stephen.

Billie Joe brought a variety of drinks out onto the kitchen island.

"Make yourselves at home because we have a full day planned out." He announced.

"Let's get you all settled into your rooms, yeah?"

Billie gave them the grand tour of the house and you brought them some extra pillows and bath towels from the linen closet.

"This place is a mansion!" Gigi said excitedly at how huge and gorgeous the house was.

Amy loved the tour of the home studio. She was able to see the collection of guitars and instruments used to create many of the band's original songs including Blue, the vintage Fernandes Stratocaster that Green Day fans were very familiar with.

Stephen marveled at Billie's classic car collection in the garage which was basically his pride and joy after his children....the boys, and this new baby growing inside of you.

A baby! You still could not believe you were going to be a mommy soon.

They each went to their guestrooms and got settled in.

Stephen helped Billie Joe with setting up the microphone, speakers, and amplifier outside. Rebecca helped you cook. You planned on getting the desserts catered.

Sara texted you asking if you needed anything.

"Just bring yourselves. See you soon!" you texted back.