C H A P T E R ~ F I F T E E N

ADRIEN POV:

After those words left her mouth, every muscle in my body froze, but I manages to sit up and stare at her wide-eyed. She had no change in emotion, but I could tell that she was waiting for an answer.

"Oh! I was just at Marinette Dupain-Cheng's house, hanging out and helping her with a fashion project for a band I'm in! I also helped her deliver them to Luka Couffaine's houseboat, and we had breakfast together! And I bet you are wondering how I did all these things, right? Well, I'm the one and only, Chat Noir!" 

I obviously didn't tell her that, I'm not stupid! So instead, I said...

"W-what do you m-mean? I w-was here the entire m-morning! I never left m-my bed! You might n-need to go get y-your eyes checked a-again Grace!"

Way to go Agreste! That was very convincing!

She was getting impatient with me now, her eyes narrowed and her lips pursed. "Adrien..." She warned.

I sighed and hung my head, "I'm sorry... I can't tell you..." I muttered.

She stood up from my bed and looked back down at me with a disappointed stare that was burning holes in my head. 

"Well, if that's the case, then you are grounded for two weeks. This excludes school, fencing, modeling, piano, and Chinese. Otherwise, you are under house arrest with no electronic devices and video games."

I mumbled in acknowledgement to my punishment. 

But just as she was about to turn the handle on my door to leave, I realized something. 

"Wait!" She paused and looked back my direction, "The Ladybug and Chat Noir Gala is in two weeks! I was invited by invitation! I can't miss it!"

Her face showed no change of emotion, per usual, but she let out a sigh, "I'm sorry, Adrien, but due to your recent actions, you will have to miss it. I will contact Mayor Bourgeois about your situation."

And with that statement, she opened the door, and walked out.

As soon as I could no longer hear Grace, Plagg flew flew out of his hiding spot behind my pillow. 

"Wow...tough break, Kid!"

I let out a long groan and ran my fingers through my hair, furious at myself, "How could I be so goddamn stupid!" I yelled and flopped my face into my pillow. 

"I need to go to that Gala, Plagg! I was invited and I can't let them down! They will be expecting Adrien, the world famous model, to be there! What am I gonna do, Plagg?"

He flew over to me and landed on my mop of messy blonde hair and let out a sigh, "I'm sorry, Kid, but I don't think there's a solution...not this time-WAIT!" He shouted, which startled me and caused me to fall off my bed and land on my ass.

I sat up and glared at the tiny, floating creature hovering above me as I rubbed the back of my head, "What the hell was that for?" I hissed. 

He shrugged it off and continued, "You got invited as Adrien Agreste, but you also got invited as the clad cat hero too, right?"

My anger and spite towards him, quickly turned into an overly gleeful one. 

I shot up and started rummaging around my room, digging for the invitation.

After a good half an hour of searching, I was about to give up all hope of going to the Gala, when I hear across my room, "Hey, Kid! Come here!"

I spotted the tiny, black, floating creature and sprinted over to him!