Chapter Six- Its Not What It Looks Like

(Random song... I know.)

"What is this mess?" Dad asked, looking at me.

"I apologize. I didn't mean for it to get so rowdy," I said.

"It was my fault too," Hunter added.

Dad sighed before saying, "I'm going upstairs. Wrap this little party up."

I nod as Dad gave Hunter the "I'm not going to say it to your face but I really don't like you" look before turning around and going upstairs.

"If he got this upset over this, I can only imagine how he's gonna react over FSP," I say with a shake of my head.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¥¤¤¤¤¤¤

15 Minutes Ago (read in Spongebob narrator guy voice)

"Just did," I replied after stuffing a slice of cheese pizza in my mouth.

"You are teaching Fluffy Space Princess so horribly," Hunter said with a shake of his head.

"Fluffy Space Princess is my daughter. She must follow in the line of pizza stufferers," I said before laughing.

Hunter rolled his eyes at me and took out a beer bottle.

"You drink?" I ask, my voice rising at the word drink.

"What's the problem? I'm not a light drinker. I can handle it," Hunter assured before drinking.

"Not in my house," I said.

Hunter glared at me and I glared back. We had this little staring contest for about three minutes before Hunter groaned.

"The shit you make me do," Hunter muttered a bit too loudly before walking out the living room to throw away the bottle.

"Your welcome," I said.

Hunter didn't come back in the living room so I got up and walked towards the kitchen.

"Hunter. Stop messing around," I said, nervous.

What trick did Hunter have on his sleeve?

I walked carefully into the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan in handy. It wasn't like I was going to hit him with it. I was just going to scare him.

Who hits people with frying pans anymore?

As I turned around to walk out, I wasn't expecting what was going to happen next.

"Boo," a voice said.

I screamed before whirling around, my pan hitting someone else in the face.

"Jesus!" Hunter yelled before falling to the floor.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry," I said, dropping the frying pan and going to the floor.

"Why'd you do that? What the hell was the frying pan for?" Hunter asked.

"I got scared," I said, "You shouldn't play tricks on me."

"I'll know next time," Hunter said before sitting up.

"You got a little bruise. I'll go get something," I said, about to get up.

Hunter pulled me back down and I landed down on my butt.

"Ow," I said.

"Sorry," Hunter said.

"No. I'm sorry," I said before letting out a little giggle.

"It's not that funny," Hunter said.

I start laughing harder. I mean, c'mon. How could I not laugh?

Hunter grabbed my arms and pulled me closer. We were literally three centimeters apart. I was literally silent. I looked at Hunter's eyes but they seemed clouded, holding everything back from me.

He closed them before gently pushed me away.

"Knew that'd get you to stop laughing," Hunter said quietly before getting up and walking outside.

I followed behind him, still a little bit shaken over what just happened.

I grabbed Fluffy Space Princess and held her in my arms.

"Hunter?" I called.

As Hunter turned around, I could hear the front door unlock and my worst fears were convinced when I saw my dad walk through the door.

"Hi Dad," I said, quickly putting FSP down.

"What is this mess?" Dad asked, looking at me.

"I apologize. I didn't mean for it to get so rowdy," I said.

"It was my fault too," Hunter added.

Dad sighed before saying, "I'm going upstairs. Wrap this little party up."

I nod as Dad gave Hunter the "I'm not going to say it to your face but I really don't like you" look before turning around and going upstairs.

"If he got this upset over this, I can only imagine how he's gonna react over FSP," I say with a shake of my head.

"You want me to help you clean?" Hunter asked.

He seemed a bit sad and I knew it was because of my dad. I gave him a smile and nodded. I thought of asking Hunter about what happened another day.

It took us a couple of minutes before the whole house was cleaned. Pizza boxes were in the trash and the living room was put back together.

"I'm sorry about...you know," I said.

"It was all my pleasure. Till tomorrow, Liz," Hunter said with a wave.

As I was about to close the door, I heard him call out my name.

"What?" I asked.

"Please do not kill our daughter," Hunter answered.

"I know how to take care of a cat," I said stubbornly.

I close the door and immediately realize I have no idea what to do.

First of all, I had to tell Dad about FSP.

Eventully finding FSP snoozing on the couch, I picked her up and fast walked upstairs to my dad's room.

He was reading something when I knocked on the already open door. Dad was very big on privacy and insisted on knocking at all times.

"Lizbeth, is that you?" Dad asked.

"Yeah. And before you say anything, I just want to let you know that Hunter took care of everything," I said.

Dad turned around and his eyes widened at the sight of Fluffy Space Princess.

"I'm not concerned about the cat. I'm concerned about you. Getting involved with Hunter is dangerous," Dad said.

"How's it dangerous? He's been nothing but nice to me. He's the only person who's trying to understand me," I argued.

"And why do you think that is?" Dad asked, giving me a look, "You're not dumb, Lizbeth. Look at the bigger picture."

"Dad! He doesn't want me for that. You're just judging based on his reputation. If you knew all the crap he's been through, you'd see," I said.

"You're right. I don't know. And I don't care. You succeeded in getting Hunter to school and besides that little fight, he's been doing his homework and his classwork. But try your best to keep a distance," Dad said.

Really? My dad has always told me to make me friends. And when I make one, I have to stay away.

"What about Fluffy Space Princess?" I asked.

"Who?" Dad asked.

I pointed to the cat.

"Keep it. We need a little pet anyways," Dad said.

I walk out of the room before slamming the door to my room. Laying on my bed, I cuddled with Fluffy Space Princess.