Chapter Thirty Three- Kiss Me, You Annoying Hero (Part 1)

All we ever did was have sex. I can't even remember a proper conversation except for...

"Say my name."

"Right there."

"Oh yeah."

We did it before school.

During school.

After school.

In his car.

At his house.

In the bathroom.

I was starting to get bored.

It was now Saturday and I was at home. Just...bored. I guess one good thing about being bored is that you think a lot about stuff.

And I was really thinking about Kyle and I.

I knew he didn't love me. That was evident. I was just used for sex. I could've left. But I didn't. I guess I wanted something different from Hunter. And it was fun in the beginning.

But maybe. Just maybe... I wanted him back.

I huffed before placing a pillow over my head. I wanted to disappear.

Just then, the phone rang and I picked it up and saw it was Kyle. Speaking of the Devil...

"Yello?" I answered.

"Hi. Are you doing anything tonight?" Kyle asked.

I rolled my eyes before answering, "No."

"Great. Mind if I take you out?" Kyle asked.

I was genuinely shocked. Unless we were going to a sex club. Then I'd be disappointed.

"Not at all," I answered.

"10:00 sound too early?" Kyle asked.

"Nope. See ya soon," I answered.

I hung up and I walked towards my window. I looked out and saw the usual stuff. Sighing, I whistled as I walked downstairs.

Dad was there, making himself a sandwich, and looked up when I walked in the kitchen.

"Lizbeth?" Dad asked.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I want to have a heart to heart conversation with you," Dad said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Now, I'm not saying Hunter is perfect or a saint but when you guys broke up, you changed for the worst. At least when you were with him, you were still yourself. Now, you're acting like someone completely different from you," Dad answered.

"What are you saying? I should get back with him?" I asked.

"Not exactly. But I want you to find you again. Like before," Dad said.

"I think you're implying that I should get back with him," I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Whatever, Lizbeth. I know you're not happy. No matter how much you find other boys like Kyle. Yes, I know about him. I'm Dad. I'm supposed to know about the boys in your life," Dad replied.

"I'm hungry," I said, changing the subject, "I'm gonna go make a sandwich."

Dad sighed before walking away with his sandwich. As soon as he left, I went back upstairs.

Was it just me or was everyone acting Hunter-wonky on me?

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

10:00 on the dot was when Kyle arrived and I snuck out of the house. I kissed him and he kissed back before he let go.

"Let's go," I said.

"After you," Kyle said and we climbed in.

It was nice for once to be sitting the car to ride the road and not each other. So Kyle started the car and we drove off. We arrived ten minutes later at some club. (And no, it wasn't the same club Sean took me to) and I grinned.

"I have my ID," I said.

"Me too," Kyle said.

It was basically my school ID with some fixes I should say.

We just walked up to the bouncer and showed him our IDs. He just nodded and we walked in no problem. The whole club threatened to collapse with Selena Gomez singing.

I want you to know. That it's our time. You and me bleed the same light.

The whole vibe felt so electric and there were tons of sweaty drunk (and sober) people dancing.

Instead, we walked to the bar and Kyle got shots.

"I don't want anything," I said with a shake of my head.

"You sure?" Kyle asked.

"Yep. I'm not the best girl when I'm drunk," I answered.

"Good idea then," Kyle said with a laugh before drinking his shot.

I looked at the dance floor. Underneath the strobe and colorful lights, I thought I saw Hunter.

I blinked before looking back and he was gone.

I turned back to look at Kyle.

"You ok?" Kyle asked.

"I thought... Nothing. I'm going to go dance because my song is on," I answered.

"Without me?" Kyle asked.

"Hurry on, slow poke!" I answered before running towards the dance floor.

Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" was playing. So I decided to dance. I started blending in with the crowd. Kyle snuck up behind me and grabbed me before dancing.

Everything seemed perfect. Maybe Kyle did like me. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought.

But then I felt Kyle rubbing on my ass so I knew what time it was.

Kyle pulled me off. I wanted to stay. We just got there. But I followed as Kyle found a place and we just made out.

I just kind of went along with it as Kyle kissed my neck.

I felt Kyle let go and I opened my eyes to see Hunter standing there.

So he was there. I wasn't losing it. All of the sex wasn't fucking up my brain cells.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Can I talk to you?" Hunter asked.

Kyle looked at me in confusion.

"Yeah. Whatever," I answered.

"I'll be right back, babe," I said to Kyle.

He nodded and I walked out with him to the front of the club.

"What is it?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.

To be continued...