Chapter Five- Fluffy Space Princess

(Check out the video. Isn't Imogen's voice adorably British?)

"What is it?" I asked.

Today was Wednesday after school and Hunter picked me up. Again. I sorta felt like he wanted to rather than he had to.

If you're wondering about the whole Hunter and Thomas fight, it got resolved. A witness came out and said Thomas started it so Thomas was suspended and Hunter only got Saturday detention.

"Its a little surprise from me to you," Hunter said with a smile.

"A present? Already? You shouldn't have," I said.

"But I did," Hunter replied.

Hunter got out of the car and soon came back with a box. He passed it to me and started smiling.

His excitement was contagious.

I ripped it open and tilted my head in confusion when I saw it was a collar for a cat.

"Huh? Is this some sort of kinky role play?" I asked, grossed out.

"No, idiot. Follow me," Hunter said before going to the back of his truck again and climbing on the back.

I followed and saw him holding out a little gray kitten with the most adorable blue eyes.

"Where'd you get him? You didn't steal him, did you?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"No. Who steals pets anymore? Anyways, I got him for you as a present," Hunter answered.

"Most guys give flowers. You give me a cat. Of course. I love the present very much. Wait...do I get to keep it?" I asked.

"Yes. You get to keep her. You looked like the cat type. And I got her from the pound so I didn't really have to pay for anything," Hunter answered.

"How am I supposed to keep it? You didn't ask my dad. He's not a big pet person," I said, stroking the kitten.

"I'll handle him. What are you gonna name her?" Hunter asked, looking at me.

"Uh...," I said, thinking.

As I was stroking her very adorably fluffy fur, I suddenly got the name.

"Fluffy Space Princess," I declared victoriously.

"Fluffy Space Princess?" Hunter asked.

"Got a problem, Hunter?" I asked in a challenging tone.

"It's yours. FSP it is," Hunter said.

I wasn't sure what to do next so I gave him a little hug. To my surprise, he hugged back.

"Thank you," I said, "For being nice to me."

"Your welcome, chickadee," Hunter said.

I let go and started cuddling with Fluffy Space Princess.

"If you don't mind me asking, where's your mom?" Hunter asked.

I stopped and almost felt the tears. Don't cry. Don't cry.

"She cheated on my dad ever since I was eleven. When my dad finally caught her last year, they got a divorce. My dad was so distraught over it. He became a workaholic. He figured work could help him get over it. He started going harder on me. I think...I remind him of her almost. I dunno. Maybe I'm overreacting. But it's done now so it's whatever," I said, my eyes burning.

"I'm sorry," Hunter said.

I wiped a tear about to come out before letting out a laugh.

"I'm sorry. I'm ruining your day," I replied.