Chapter Four- Broken

(Please watch. Dave Franco is cray. And hot with his two cats, Harry and Ontario)

We were at my driveway in the back of his truck.

Its not what you're thinking, dirty minded people.

I was tending to Hunter's face. We stopped at my house (I forced him to) so I can put some alcohol and a bandaid on it. He somehow got cut on his left cheek. Maybe his knuckles were sharp. I don't know.

"You know I'm mad at you still?" I said as I applied rubbing alcohol on his face.

He winced but didn't say anything.

"How could you do that? You could get suspended. I thought you promised you would have a great school day. God...," I said, ranting.

"You're not my fucking mom," Hunter retorted.

"No. I'm not. But that doesn't mean treat me like shit and push me away. I'm trying to help you," I said.

"Why do you wanna help me?" Hunter asked, looking at me.

I felt like he was looking right through me.

"Don't laugh at me. But... I care about you. In the short time span we've been together, you were the only person who's ever attempted to be cordial towards me. Hell, you were the only person who's ever talked to me like I wasn't a disease. I consider you a friend. And friends care for other friends," I replied, blushing redder and redder by the second.

"You consider me your friend?" Hunter asked, a grin threatening to break out on his face.

I nodded slowly.

"Aww," Hunter said, "Thanks, Liz."

"Your welcome," I said with an eye roll.

It was silent for a couple of minutes before I cleared my throat.

"Well...c'mon, firecracker. I gotta go. Did you need anything else?" I asked.

"Do you really have to go?" Hunter asked.

"I don't have to. Why?" I asked.

"I've got to show you something," Hunter answered.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see," Hunter said with a sad smile.

I wanted to ask more but I knew I would be pushing it. Hunter climbed out the back of the car and I followed suit.

About fifteen minutes later, we were still on the road and my eyelids were getting heavier. Soon enough, I fell asleep.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¥¤¤¤¤¤¤

Hunter

I opened my mouth to say something when I turned and saw Lizbeth was sleeping. She was a cute sleeper.

I chuckle quietly before thinking about where we had to go.

I consider you a friend. And friends care for other friends.

It wasn't like I wasn't expecting it. But damn.

I even had to admit, Lizbeth was different. She was pretty but didn't boast about it. She was smart but didn't show off. Quiet but in her own quirky way, loud.

Was it normal that my heart skipped a beat every time I saw her? For God's sakes, I only met her yesterday. When I first saw her at the fast food place, it felt as though time froze. God, I'm growing fucking soft.

Maybe I should stop smoking cigarettes.

Eventually we arrived. I parked the car and shook Lizbeth gently.