Chapter Twenty Seven- I'm, like, Super Gay

"Oh my God! I have nothing to wear and that's not good. As a girl, it is my duty to have this stuff ready," I complained.

"Ha. Duty," Hunter said over the phone.

"You're like a five year old," I replied with an eye roll.

It was Tuesday and school was out because there was risk of a hurricane. Those usually aren't a big deal. But apparently, there was a flood risk. It's whatever. I was happy. I actually liked the rain. Even hurricanes.

Yes, I'm fucked up.

"Well, if you're so convinced you have nothing to wear, why don't you buy clothes?" Hunter asked.

"One, It's raining. I can't ride my bike while it's thundering," I answered.

"I'll take you," Hunter said quickly.

"Why do I get the feeling you're doing this just to hang out with me?" I asked.

"Because duh, it's true," Hunter answered.

"Whatever," I said.

"See you in a few," Hunter said.

"Bye, my fuzzy Hunty wuzzy," I said.

"Who's the stupid one now?" Hunter asked.

"Hush up, chicken butt," I answered with a grin.

After we hung up, I quickly got dressed and put on my favorite raincoat and rainboots. They were my favorite because they had cute little duckies on them.

I put my hair up in a bun before running down the steps.

I saw Dad drinking coffee. I couldn't remember the last time I had any.

"Can I ask you for a favor?" I asked.

Dad looked at me and nodded.

"Can I please have $20? Please. I need some new clothes. I'd like time to treat myself," I said.

"Why not? By the way, your mom wanted you to come to her house this time instead of ours. I hope you don't mind," Dad said as he reached into his wallet and handed me a $20 bill.

"No. You'll drop me off?" I asked, placing the money in my pocket.

"Of course, Liz. I take it Hunter is taking you?" Dad asked.

I nodded. Dad huffed and I glared at him.

"It's just going to the mall. I'm not screwing him in the bathroom or anything barbaric like that," I said with an eye roll.

"I don't like the language," Dad said.

"What? Screwing?" I asked.

"Lizbeth," Dad warned.

I huffed before saying, "Whatever."

I walked away and as I opened the door, I saw Hunter pull up.

"Don't wait up!" I shouted to my dad before slamming the door behind me.

I ran to Hunter's truck and rushed inside as the rain pounded.

"I like the duckies," Hunter said, pointing at the ducks on my coat.

"Why thank you, my fuzzy Hunty wuzzy," I replied with a grin.

"I liked the days when you called me Hunter. It feels like it was just yesterday. Oh shit. It was yesterday," Hunter said.

"Too bad," I said, mocking him.

"I hate it when you you use my material against me," Hunter said.