Chapter Twenty- Unusual Prom Tips From Sammy Grey

"Its life or death right now. You're leaning more towards death," Hunter said.

"Oh hush. I think I see your sister pulling up," I said.

"One more thing. If she says anything about my skills and how I got it from her, she's a lie," Hunter replied.

"What skills?" I asked.

"Nothing," Hunter answered quickly, "Love You. Bye!"

"Bye," I said.

Today was Wednesday (after school, of course. I couldn't skip again) and the day I was going shopping with Sammy and Trish.

Dad and I were still on rocky terms but he agreed to let me go. He figured as long as it wasn't Hunter, it was safe. Little did he know, Sammy was Hunter's sister.

Ha.

I walked out of the door and approached the car. It was a gray Camry. It was a lot nicer than Hunter's car.

"Come in, girl," Trish said with a smile.

I climbed in through the backseat.

"Thank you again for doing this. You didn't have to. Really," I said.

"Trust me. I wanted to. You need some one on one with your new sister in law," Sammy said.

"Sister in law?" I asked, my voice cracking at in law.

"With the way you guys are going, marriage can't be too far behind. Hunter is so sprung. You guys haven't-," Sammy said.

I shook my head quickly.

"Now I'm stumped," Sammy said before driving off.

"Me too. I'm not saying Hunter is the fuck them and dump them type but I would've suspected something by now," Trish said.

"What kind of spell you put on him?" Sammy asked.

"I don't know really," I answered honestly.

"Whatever you did worked like magic. Are you sure you didn't fuck? Not even touching his-?" Sammy asked.

"Samantha!" Trish exclaimed, "Censor bar!"

"Sorry, babe," Sammy said, "Trish is teaching me to stop cursing. It has worked a little."

I smiled in amusement. I didn't take Sammy as the obedient type for long.

"I haven't gone dress shopping since last year and that was because of your mom's party. Remember, Trish?" Sammy said.

"How could I forget? My dad practically was interrogating you on what it was like being lesbian. At least, he accepted," Trish said.

"Your mom? Forget about it," Sammy said with an eye roll.

"If you didn't mind me asking, how'd you two meet?" I asked.

Sammy and Trish laughed.

"It was at some music store on a rainy day. I was looking for Nirvana when I looked across the room and saw Trish with ear buds in her ears and dancing to Chris Brown. This is when I knew I liked girls. Like definetly and Trish was doing some very persuasive moves," Sammy said.

"Why... thank you, baby," Trish said, batting her eyelashes.

"So I make my way across the room. I take a deep breath before playfully pulling out one ear bud out of her ear and I said to her 'You like Chris Brown too?' Of course, I don't like him but I have to go with something. Then, Trish is like 'He's cool.'," Sammy said.

"Cuz he still is," Trish replied.

"I knew she wasn't lesbian. I could just tell. So I decided to take it the easy route. Ask her to a girl's night out. A couple of drinks later, I tell her everything and she admits she feels the same. One thing led to another and now I have my Trish," Sammy continued.