Chapter Eighteen- Going Up On A Tuesday (Part 1)

(Awesome cover made by @bookparlor! Go check out her cover book!)

"Are you feeling ok?" Hunter asked jokingly.

"Yes. I really want to do this," I answered with a nod.

I poured out my fave cereal: frosted flakes before pouring milk and I turned to look at Hunter.

"I never took you as the cereal for breakfast girl," Hunter said, still shirtless and driving me crazy.

"I'm not. But I'm too lazy to make myself anything fancy," I said, before eating cereal.

"Not going to offer me anything?" Hunter asked.

"You have two perfectly functioning legs. You do the math," I answered.

"So cold," Hunter said, putting his hand on his chest.

"So true," I mimicked.

Hunter got up and purposely bumped into me, trying to get into the cereal.

"So you really want to do this?" Hunter asked, looking at me.

"Hunter Grey, I really want to skip a day of school with you," I answered.

"Is it because of the whole Sean thing?" Hunter asked.

"Sean Harvard is the last thing on my mind," I answered.

"What's the first?" Hunter asked.

I looked at him. He looked back at me.

"Shut up," I said with a laugh.

"Hunter:1 and Lizbeth: 0," Hunter said with a whoop.

"If we are going to get out of here, can you please put on a shirt? Ever heard of no shirt, no service?" I asked.

Hunter stuck his tongue out at me and I stuck out my tongue back.

He ran up the stairs to get his shirt and I let out a little giggle.

"What am I going to do with you, Hunter Grey?" I muttered.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"Can I please have a beverage with alcohol in it?" Hunter asked as we got into the car.

"No. But you can be a good boy and drive me around. Now move along," I said, clapping like I was clapping for a butler.

"You are really something. Let's go to the mall," Hunter said.

I gave Hunter a double look.

"Hunter? Are you feeling alright?" I asked.

"Bitch please, I don't want to shop. I'm in the mood for some greasy mall food since someone didn't feed me," Hunter answered.

"You could've got it yourself. Now hurry on, I can taste the pretzels from here," I said.

"You're lucky I love you," Hunter said.

"I know, darling," I said with a smile.

Hunter smiled.

Arriving at the mall, I eagerly climbed out and Hunter came out after me with a cigarette between his lips.

"Hold on," Hunter said.

"Pass me one," I said.

Hunter handed me one. And he lit it for me. If someone had told me I was going to be smoking about a week ago, I would've laughed.

I blew out a puff of smoke before asking, "Do you ever think about what would've happened if we didn't meet?"

"No," Hunter answered, "Because the thought is impossible to comprehend. So I don't. I'm a live for the moment kind of guy."