Chapter Nineteen- Going Up On A Tuesday (Part 2)

"I love you so much, Lizbeth," Hunter said, kissing me all over my face before hugging me.

"Too. Much. Affection. Not. Enough. Candy," I said, slowly suffocating.

Hunter let go of me and raced towards the bags and got two. One for him and one for me.

I grabbed the black spoon fork looking thing and went ham on the gummy bears. Then I got candy corn (it's kinda like my cocaine) before grabbing jolly ranchers and Twizzlers.

When I met back up with Hunter, his bag was a whole lot fuller than mine.

"Jesus! How much stuff did you get?" I asked.

"Enough for me to die a happy man," Hunter answered.

"Weirdo," I said in a sing song voice.

"Shut up," Hunter said jokingly.

He ended up paying for the candy and we walked out soon after. I stuffed a bunch of gummy bears in my mouth.

"Wanna go walk around some more?" Hunter asked,

"Yes," I said.

But with my mouth full, it sounded more like yesh. Hunter laughed before walking. I walked and chewed at the same time.

We walked around and around, in and out, for hours.

By now, it was 4:30.

"We came here by 11:00 so you mean to tell me we spent more than five hours in the mall?" I asked.
"Time flies when you're having fun," Hunter answered.

"Where you wanna go now?" I asked.

"The beach?" Hunter asked.

"Sounds like a plan," I answered.

"Excellent," Hunter said with a grin.

I grinned back before saying, "You're contagious, Hunter Grey."

"Compliment?" Hunter asked.

"Compliment," I answered.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Hunter (haven't seen that in the while, haven't you?)

We were in the car with the windows down. The wind was blowing through the car and out of the corner of my eye, I could see it blow through Lizbeth's hair.

I touched the radio and a song instantly came on. Lizbeth instantly recognized it cuz I saw her sing along.

"Baby, please don't gooooo. If I wake up tomorrow, will you still be here? I don't knooooow if you feel the way I do. If you leave, I'm gon' find you. Baby, please don't go, go, go, go. Baby, please don't go, go, go, go. Baby, please don't go, go, go, go. Baby, please don't. Baby, please don't. Baby, please don't run away," Lizbeth sang along.

"Not half bad," I commented.

"Shut up," Lizbeth replied.

"I mean it," I said seriously.

Lizbeth rolled her eyes.

"How much longer to Beach Time?" Lizbeth asked.

"Fifteen minutes," I said as a rough estimate.

Lizbeth nodded and smiled.

We arrived soon enough and Lizbeth got out of the car, stretching. I watched in bewilderment as she walked out to the sand and did two cartwheels.

"I haven't done that in, like, two years," Lizbeth said.

"I wouldn't do that even if you payed me," I said.